Italian Campaign Development Thread

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As posted earlier (a few posts up on this page) there's still need for a map maker - i also don't know about the Allied OOB - anyone worked on this?

You could send me the map files, Wyatt and i'll have a look on it, can't promise anything.

And hei, Jonathan, welcome back, btw!:toast:
Map sent.00

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
hope you guys continue with this sometime. :D

also veers id be interested in the mod of the italian campiagn your working on when its done please.:D can you drop a post in here so i know when your done with it please? you guys do a great job on these mods and im looking forward to them.

Thanks
As soon as Jonathan does any reworking of the Axis OOB that he feels needed I`ll post a copy of the modded scenario in an effort to get some playtests going.

stiener

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
veers

"In the interm, I developed a modification of Marc Custer's Italian Camaign that Jonathan and I should be beginning a playtest of soon."

maybe i misunderstood...is this a different mod or the same one your working on?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
veers

"In the interm, I developed a modification of Marc Custer's Italian Camaign that Jonathan and I should be beginning a playtest of soon."

maybe i misunderstood...is this a different mod or the same one your working on?
The thread is about our attempt to create an Italian Campaign at the 5km per hex scale, based on the map from Sicily to Brenner Pass.

The mod that Jonathan and I are going to playtest is of Marc Custer`s Italian Campaign PBEM.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
@Telumar, thanks for the welcome, did you release your Anzio scen?
Not yet, we (Erik Nygaard, Marc Custer, Heldenkaiser and me) are in the process of playtesting, it's playable, has been further enhanced since the first playtest version and several event bugs have been fixed. See here: http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=80220

However, it's not for solo play. I haven't set up a PO yet, and there are also the engine's shortcoming with amphibious invasions and handling defensive delaying actions.

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Telumar, just read the thread. Is that a different font in the screenies? If so can you please direct me to it, certainly an improvement!

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Telumar, just read the thread. Is that a different font in the screenies? If so can you please direct me to it, certainly an improvement!
It's the Calibri font from Office 2007. Here's my opart 3 fonts.ini:

Code:
[Colors]
 Background=0x7F7F7F
 Gold=0xE8CE77
 Red=0xFF0000
 Silver=0xFFFFEE
 [DocumentFont]
 windowsFont=Y
 Outline=N
 Background=Y
 Spacing=2
 Weight=500
 Size=10
 Font=calibri bold
 [MediumFont]
 windowsFont=Y
 Outline=N
 Background=Y
 Spacing=2
 Weight=500
 Size=10
 Font=calibri
 [SmallFont]
 windowsFont=Y
 Outline=N
 Background=Y
 Spacing=1
 Weight=500
 Size=8
 Font=calibri
 [ObjectiveFont]
 windowsFont=N
 Outline=Y
 Background=N
 Spacing=0
 Weight=900
 Size=12
 Font=Arial

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
While waiting for news from Silvanski i began to work on the map, correcting and enhancing two small areas. First, as expected ;).. Anzio, second the area around Piombino (south of Livorno) upon which i stumbled by hovering across the map and redraw it from memory as i've been in this area for two weeks last summer. (tip: the hills north of Piombino are a very beautifull site as long as you don't look at Piombino industrial area lol, go for a walk on the northwestern side of the hills below the ruins of the ancient etrurian agropolis of Populonia, very beautifull place)

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Great Job Telumar. Was Ghedi added to the version of the map you have. it was a large air base for the Luftwaffe. One other thing i changed the font to yours and i quite like it, is there any way to get the SS runes back keeping this font?

Cheers

Last edited:

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Great Job Telumar. Was Ghedi added to the version of the map you have. it was a large air base for the Luftwaffe.
Maybe this unnamed airfield near Brescia? There are a lot of airfields on the map, all unnamed. Luckily i have a scanned wwii italy map once downloaded from Goran W's website which provides names for almost all of these airbases.
Further i'm planing to name all rivers and lakes etc.

One other thing i changed the font to yours and i quite like it, is there any way to get the SS runes back keeping this font?

Cheers
Sadly not. Sorry.

stiener

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Veers

for some reason i dont always get the e mail notification of a new post on this thread??? go figure.......

anyways it would be nice if and when this is all done if you guys could e mail me at mmacklam@dccnet.com and let me know that you have completed the mod / mods.....im REAL interested in both the italian camp. and the anzio mod.
hope this isnt asking too much :) keep up the good work gents!!!

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
oh ya........whats "COW"
Heh, the newest old version of TOAW.
TOAW: Century of Warfare was the last version put out by Talonsoft.

also....rugged defense.....do all the scenario's there work in TOAW???
Anything marked III will, anything marked CoW should, and anything for a version earlier than that (Wargame of the Year, Version II, or Version I) will have to be loaded into CoW first.