Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
uckelman said:
W

Such as? It's hard to fix problems we don't know about.
Sorry, I didn't mean to complain. It was just to clarify which versions I was using. Playing on a Mac, I am not sure how much I ca ask for. And to be honest, I am already more than happy with system cause allows me to play (there are no players in my area). So it was nothing bad, just to be specific. Anyway, I am downloading VASSAL 3.6.17 and VASL 6.6.6. I will try with those versions. I am moving this conversation in VASL section. Thanks

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Hi again, just opened the VASSAL and VASL system to watch a game on line. First issue: see on the left, there seems to be two bars with buttons (DR, graphs, IFT, etc.) whereas one seems to have more buttons than the other one.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I use VASSAL, VASL on a Mac. I have been since 2012. I've only rarely seen an issue on a Mac that didn't also occur on a PC. I'm currently running VASSAL 3.6.14, VASL 6.6.6 under the latest Ventura MacOS.

The image in your post has two different VASL windows: the Chat window on the left and the Map window on the right. The button row wraps depending on the width of the window. The Chat window normally has a different selection of buttons from the Map window.

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
The image in your post has two different VASL windows: the Chat window on the left and the Map window on the right. The button row wraps depending on the width of the window. The Chat window normally has a different selection of buttons from the Map window.
I think it is the bottom of the Chat Window he is referring to. Note the double rows of DRs and message text entry.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It is almost a certainty that one of those extensions is causing the problem. Removal ALL of them and see if it solves the problem. If it does then start to put them pack one or two at a time until you discover hose that are causing a problem.

It is probably one of the .mdx extensions. These are old and mostly not needed anymore.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I use VASSAL, VASL on a Mac. I have been since 2012. I've only rarely seen an issue on a Mac that didn't also occur on a PC. I'm currently running VASSAL 3.6.14, VASL 6.6.6 under the latest Ventura MacOS.

I agree with the general sentiment. I have been playing VASL on a Mac since 2013 myself.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
That second " - Chatter font changed" right after loading ChapterD is probably a good indicator that you have the Chatter extension in place and you should dump that first. It is obsolete.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That second " - Chatter font changed" right after loading ChapterD is probably a good indicator that you have the Chatter extension in place and you should dump that first. It is obsolete.
Agreed. This extension, which is meanwhile inherent in VASL, is most often the cause of troubles.

von Marwitz

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. This extension, which is meanwhile inherent in VASL, is most often the cause of troubles.

von Marwitz
I have deleted the ChatterPlus.dmx. and now it seems to work great! Thanks all.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the first "-Chatter font changed" is from VASSAL and appears whenever your font preferences are not the defaults. I have never had the chatter extension and it shows up everytime due to me having larger fonts and various colors in my preferences. You will notice that in the chat window that line is displayed before you get the "-VASL version x.x.x" report, which is followed by the list of extensions loaded by VASL. The second "-Chatter font changed" is most likely due to the extension.