Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrocles said:
What options are available?
Nothing.
The situation is really screwed.
Just today I was listening to NPR (my main source for news) to a Palestinian (moderate!) saying: "we can't stop attacking them until they stop attacking us. We have our pride, blah, blah, blah..." The trouble is, as long as the stupid infantile-tada (which was started, get this, by Sharon's visit to Temple Mount - so it's all his fault not the Palestinians who are actually in insurrection) has been going on, whenever the Israelis do stop their operations it leaves a nice window for somebody to blow up a bus, causing a new Israeli operation, etc.

Eric Weider

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
"could become"?

:lol:

I think they misprinted the date on that by about 50 years...
50 years ago Israel was less than 10 years old and had already survived the first of several attempts to extinguish her from existence...

Last edited:

Pfc TAZ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for pointing out the article Nemo, it's interesting.

When the PLO/Fatah party was allowed to return it had an opportunity to show what kind of a country they would create if given the chance. They have totally failed. Unfortunately, the only long-term solution is to create a Palestinian state--the problem is finding someone to govern it. The history of other middle eastern countries is not reassuring in this matter.

The EU will gain power, but it will take longer than a decasde. The EU simply has too much work ahead of it at this time. I see the EU as choosing the Muslim countries no matter what Israel does. It will come down to economic interests. The markets of the rest of the middle eastern countries are too lucrative to alienate. No matter how politically and militarily powerful the EU becomes, Isreal will be squeezed out. It has nothing to do with right or wrong and Isreal can do nothing to stop it.

Bow

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You cant do digging up what happenend 60 plus years ago and put the blame on two groups ( Fr/Ger) as if you read your history books a few other nations could have stopped the so called " final solution" before it started , but didnt for their own political reasons.
As for the Jewish/ Palistine problem now you have a couple of belligerant old men who wont talk to each other, hate each other on sight get both their side stirred up then blame each other.
I,ve been in the Palistinian camps and in some ways dont blame them for doing what they are doing.
I am a firm believer that until the US gets into the act and makes both sides come to some agreement, one day there will be a bright light, a hot gust of wind and a big glowing hole where Jerusalem used to be

Bow on the island

per ardua ad astra

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I would like to expand on Israel, but I'll do it when I have more time.

but let me say that the long term vision is that Israel, Europe and the USA have to be joint partners in both economic and political ways. It seems to me that before this happens, Israel and the US (the two undefeated entities) have to suffer more defeeats and humiliations to learn humbly that only together our western vision of the world HAS to prevail against barbarism, theocracy and darkness.

We have to fall firts before to raise. Europe has fallen, but can't raise without the US and in a way Israel (and I should add some other countries that are westernising themselves fast, i.e. Turkey).

development of that in a thread near you soon.

Stage

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bow said:
You cant do digging up what happenend 60 plus years ago and put the blame on two groups ( Fr/Ger) as if you read your history books a few other nations could have stopped the so called " final solution" before it started , but didnt for their own political reasons.
As for the Jewish/ Palistine problem now you have a couple of belligerant old men who wont talk to each other, hate each other on sight get both their side stirred up then blame each other.
I,ve been in the Palistinian camps and in some ways dont blame them for doing what they are doing.
I am a firm believer that until the US gets into the act and makes both sides come to some agreement, one day there will be a bright light, a hot gust of wind and a big glowing hole where Jerusalem used to be

Bow on the island

per ardua ad astra

But I thought that the rest of the world hated it when we got involved in other people's buisness? What's the phrase? "You are NOT the worlds police force!!"