Is this the place to suggest clarifications of content in the ASLRB?

Elfego Baca

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm gradually relearning the system, and ran into a couple of minor items in the ASLRB which I think (IMHO, of course) could be better stated.

Is this the place to post my "suggestions" ... without risking being sent to the back of the queue for every MMP game I have on pre-order? lol

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm gradually relearning the system, and ran into a couple of minor items in the ASLRB which I think (IMHO, of course) could be better stated.

Is this the place to post my "suggestions" ... without risking being sent to the back of the queue for every MMP game I have on pre-order? lol
Only a couple? NOW I'm interested!:eek::D
Actually, probably a better forum is in the Rules-Errata section as if you ask there more than likely someone else has the same or similar question and that section relates directly to rule Q's.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
You can post whatever you want.....but probably will not be paid attention to. We don't write the rules here. Perry and MMP write/edit the rules and it isn't real clear how rigorously they read and pay attention to what is posted here. There is an ASL page on the CSW Forum officially moderated and read regularly by MMP.

In fact, knowing this forum, if you post "suggested" rewrites in the Rules forum here, it will probably spawn a flood of complaints.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Here are some guidelines that I would suggest :
- Ask precise rules questions in the rules folder, leaving open the possibility that you read them wrong.
- Don't suggest "fixes" initially - which could be percieved as your pretense to master the system.
- Wait for the answers and the possible debates to develop.
- Check that - as you are in a learning process - you understood the rules well and that you grasp their interactions correctly.
- Be conscious that a great number of suggestions of changing the rules by new players are not welcomed, as they could change the dynamics of the system, would generate too important effects which would affect the previous scenario designs, etc.
If your suggestions are about clarifications of some points of the rules, they can serve the erraticisation process.
If they contest their design, along your personal idea of "reality", better forget it (reality arguments are very subjective and don't have a lot of value in relation with the Hollywoodian universe that ASL is - ASL is just a game which depicts WW2 tactical combat by using a lot of abstractions).

Elfego Baca

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TY for all of your thoughts. I'll post on the CSW ASL forum.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can post whatever you want.....but probably will not be paid attention to. We don't write the rules here. Perry and MMP write/edit the rules and it isn't real clear how rigorously they read and pay attention to what is posted here. There is an ASL page on the CSW Forum officially moderated and read regularly by MMP.

In fact, knowing the forum, if you post "suggested" rewrites in the Rules forum, it will probably spawn a flood of complaints.
I found an Advanced Squad Leader Group on Consimworld but the latest post was from 2017. Am I looking in the right place?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
TY for all of your thoughts. I'll post on the CSW ASL forum.
CSW can be rough - about the same cherubs guarding the sanctuary over there (but it has the advantage of being managed by the MMP guys, so direct feedback from Perry, Chas and others is more frequent).
BGG is a place to post too; perhaps better than the single thread CSW format where your posts sink quite fast into oblivion.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I found an Advanced Squad Leader Group on Consimworld but the latest post was from 2017. Am I looking in the right place?
There are messages posted with a time stamp of 8/20/2018 0717 hrs (MDT).

Not sure if the link will work for you but this is the one that gets me there: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6b46b/65139

Talk forum name is Advanced Squad Leader-ASL (MMP)

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are messages posted with a time stamp of 8/20/2018 0717 hrs (MDT).

Not sure if the link will work for you but this is the one that gets me there: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6b46b/65139

Talk forum name is Advanced Squad Leader-ASL (MMP)
Thanks! I registered at the Consimworld website but I went to the forum area under social -- wrong place. I followed the link you gave me and registered there and I am in.