Is this cheating?

Is using the VASL "Map Annotations" feature, with its arrows and labeling, etc, HIPPED cheating?

• YES - but it's like a little white lie.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ad hominem attacks are a sign of weakness.
NO votes are 16
YES votes are 0

Nobody thinks this is cheating but you. Rules lawyers like you kill our hobby. It's not even a rule but you lawyered it. LOL

Have a great day.
Definitely a sign of weakness. Well worded @Chris Bryer
@bprobst Yes, but I won’t have you go about insulting loons :)
@Robin Reeve Happy New Year mate, all well?
@asloser You are a good man
@Sparafucil3 Thats definitely trolling.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Wait. All of VASL is a house rule so how do YOU know if it is or isn't part of HIS play? -- jim
Didn't you say you were done arguing with me about this? Just can't get enough, can you, amigo?

Perhaps you're just popping in to get thumbs from hongkongwargamer, who pretends he has me on ignore. I live rent free inside his head and he can't wait to see someone make fun of me, because he always fails to succeed doing that on his own;)

Obviously, I didn't say everything is a house rule, just using VASL, since there are no rules to reference when there is a dispute about the use of VASL And you have to admit, this is all about having a dispute in the use of VASL.

Not drinking coffee. But hey, if you want to discuss drinking coffee as part of a house rule each time you play. you are free to bring it up with your opponent, and if he doesn't agree, you don't have to play him, I suppose. Go for it.

Next? It's good to see that MMP is reserving to write a chapter on the play of ASL online -- clearly it's needed. Care to discuss that?

Last edited:

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Don't overdose!
Or, to quote Paracelsus (because I can): "Alle Dinge sind Gift, und nichts ist ohne Gift. Allein die Dosis machts, dass ein Ding kein Gift sei."

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Didn't you say you were done arguing with me about this? Just can't get enough, can you, amigo?
I am no longer arguing. Now, I just point out inconsistencies the absurdity of alleging that all VASL is a house-rule. If, as you allege, VASL is a house-rule then how can you know his house-rules don't have something covering coffee? Because, as you know, any mutually agreed upon method for speeding up play, or adjusting the official rules for a particular group’s own enjoyment or convenience could include coffee if both sides agree. If it wakes him up, it certainly may improve his speed of play and many, many people enjoy coffee too, so that's covered. -- jim

Chris Bryer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, it could have been a good thread because it was a semi-debatable subject. However, where I see it going wrong was the attachment of any 'rules' to the discussion (other than the aforementioned LOS rules).

It was better as just discussion and not rules lawyering which most of us dislike.

The OP had a good, interesting topic but lawyered up right away and everyone knows that's the end of civility.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
You should not ask this question unless mutually agreed upon before.

von Marwitz
Action and I agreed on it, is that enough? Or are you now party to the agreement and must be included in the decision? These house-rules get so confusing. If only I could take the time to write down a plan but we all know that's verboten. The LOS rules mean we all must play blind. Fortunately, as I get older my eyesight fades so I don't need to poke my eyes out or anything. -- jim

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
You should not ask this question unless mutually agreed upon before.

von Marwitz
Catch 22?
So if I am a new player and buy it, I cannot use it to play a game because it has to be mutually agreed to prior to play but I cannot read any rules to start play.

Too much, let me load up some old Trek where they bounced around in time, first interceding in the Apollo program of the 1960s.