Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Is this a good game?
Yes, it's top notch. It is, however, not a game that everyone will enjoy.

On the plus side:
  • EVE is very deep and can give you years of enjoyable adventures because there's always something new to see and do.
  • The game sports a large and active player base, which makes for a dynamic environment with lots of alliances, wars, trade competition and more.
  • PvP combat is intense and involves a lot of skill, and it can take years to acquire both character skills and game skills.
  • EVE is always growing and evolving thanks to CCP's commitment to launching at least two expansions per year. Expansions are always free for everyone so there's no hidden fees.
On the bad side:
  • EVE has a very steep learning curve. Basic gameplay isn't all that difficult, but the more advanced stuff can take a long time to master.
  • PvP is absolutely brutal as EVE is filled with "Evil" characters, pirates, gankers, thieves, spies, and worse. People bathe in the blood of their enemies in this game, so expect a baptism by fire while learning.
  • It takes a long time to do anything in EVE as there are a lot of built-in time sinks. Don't expect to get rich and powerful overnight. Anything worth doing in EVE takes a lot of time and effort, but the rewards can be great.
  • Complicated interface.
  • EVE can be information overload at times and it takes a significant amount of time before new players will really feel comfortable.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Great game indeed, but indeed you need time : to play and learn.

If the above scares you in any way I cannot recommend the Eve University high enough, as some have done here before me and I was wise enough to follow their advice. It will bend the learning curve to a large extend. You will get courses and a mentor who will guide you through this hostile environment and get to fly in large fleets where even the newest noob can play an important role.

www.eve-ivy.com