Is there such thing as loaded trucks moving in impulses?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I just took a rules dive to find out how Trucks can move in a 'platoon-like' manner.
They can't use Platoon Movement, because Trucks aren't AFV.

Well, so I looked up the Convoy rules. To my surprise I discovered this:

E11.3 PP CAPACITY: The Passenger capacity of a vehicle is assumed to be 0 PP while it is part of a Convoy, and remains 0 PP even if it leaves the Convoy [EXC: if the vehicle sets up actually towing a Gun, it is allowed to also carry that Gun's crew and ammo].

I never knew that.

So this basically means that you cannot create Convoys if your trucks are transporting some squads & SWs? As a consequence, Trucks transporting squads & SW can only move individually? Am I missing something?

TIA
von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You can by SSR where you make the change
Of course, I had asked this against a specific background.

A couple of weeks ago I have learned a crafty trick from one of my esteemed opponents:
He voluntarily formed a tank platoon and moved in parallel into three woods hexes, causing a Bog Check. However, which vehicle is affected by the Bog Check within a Platoon is determined by Random selection and the chances for multiple of his tanks bogging was not so large. This allowed him (he didn't Bog, which also applies to the entire Platoon as I understand) to create three trailbreaks and to breach that woods line much faster and at reasonable risk as if he had instead sent one tank to create a TB and have the others follow that one up afterwards.

Now, Weather is Mud, EC are Mud, and thus Ground is Soft. If some Trucks want to move offroad, a secret Bog DR is made etc. Provided, Bog would occur and then Random selection would apply hitting only one of the Trucks, then the rest could move on. At least if this is somehow possible is what I am trying to find out.

von Marwitz

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm - sounds like a rules violation. D14 states they must be an AFV. Also in E11.1 a convoy cannot be voluntarily created.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hmmm - sounds like a rules violation. D14 states they must be an AFV. Also in E11.1 a convoy cannot be voluntarily created.
Yes, I came to the same conclusion. It can't be done so my glorious plan is for naught so far.
But as I am not a rules guru, this is why I asked if I had overlooked something.

von Marwitz