Is there Something wrong with Journal 12 and WO Bonus Pack 8?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although there is already Journal 12 scenario errata posted, so that would make it an elaborate hoax. :D

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
:cry:I am just going to cry............- My post got no-where
Fortunately Gamers Armoury has a picture of the covers so I least I can look at that photo

In depression

Rob:confused:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I don't think your thread was a complete failure. We've identified that need a way to determine if a hoax is elaborate or lame. While that isn't the answer you seek, it is at least a step further on the path to it.

JR

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With the picture over at Gamer's Armory, I'm ready to declare this either an extremely elaborate hoax or not a hoax at all.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With the picture over at Gamer's Armory, I'm ready to declare this either an extremely elaborate hoax or not a hoax at all.
We may be bordering on conspiracy................:mad:

Peter J

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Rob,

Don't buy yet... when Trump makes America great, he will surely reduce the ridiculous postage charges so that American products can be bought more cheaply!!!

Westy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Will we still be able to buy any MMP products outside US after inauguration?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The Soviets were fond of their P-39s, which makes me wonder about their native products. The 37mm cannon gave them a punch, but they were in the lower half of the class as fighters. Not the bottom, perhaps, but certainly not cum laude.

JR
Soviet Fighters:
'30s:
I-15, I-15bis & I-153. The last Soviet biplanes, manoeuvrable and hard hitting but far too slow.
I-16. An early '30s monoplane, later models were only slightly behind the Bf-109E but outclassed by the Bf-109F. Roughly Hurricane equivalent.​
'40s:
LaGG-3: Initially competitive, wartime production quality and weight creep ended up giving it the nickname of Guaranteed Varnished Coffin from the Russian initials.
LaG-5: A LaGG-3 re-engined with a radial (Ash-82/M-82), helped remove Luftwaffe superiority from '42 onwards. Equivalent to early-mid Fw-190.
La-7: A cleaned up LaG-5, the equal to even late Fw-190.
Yak-1, 7 & 9: Competitive at all times.
Yak-3: Superb dogfighter.
MiG-3: Superb high altitude interceptor (400+ mph @ 7000m), but most EF combat was at low level where it lacked manoeuvrability. What finally killed it is that the engine (AM-35) was de-rated (AM-38), used in the Il-2 and thus lost out in production, on the Boss's word.​

The Soviets lacked good high altitude power, no turbo-superchargers and in the early days sufficiently trained and experienced pilots. Pilot quality matters far more in an aircraft than crew quality in a tank. High altitude weakness was much less of a problem on the EF, most combat seems to have occurred in the 2-6000m range, quite often lower.

The P-39, though sharing the Soviet high altitude weakness, indeed somewhat worse, had a roomy well equipped cockpit and very importantly a good and reliable radio. It suited the EF air situation. The Soviets kept their few Spitfires and P-47 for rarer high altitude interception. They far preferred the P-39 to the P-40 which was the opposite of Western experience. Contrary to popular opinion Soviet P-39s came with no or almost no AP rounds, just HE. Though devastating against aircraft it only carried 30 rounds and was very slow firing.

One area where the Soviets had a edge was with their MG/cannon. Their pre-war 7.62mm ShKAS fired at 1800 r/m and the experimental Ultra ShKAS managed 3000 r/m, a figure not surpassed until the Gatling type guns from the '60s onward. Their 12.7 and 20mm guns in general had a lower weight than other nations guns. Eg the AN/M2 ROF of 750-850, 28 kg, the Berezin UB 800-1050, 21.5 kg. More bang for buck.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will we still be able to buy any MMP products outside US after inauguration?
Yes, and highly encouraged. However importing LFT will be a problem. It will have to be snuck in like dangerously delicious French unpasteurized cheese

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
... all of them designed by pete shelling, they all have odd Set ups, odd SSR's, odd scenario titles and odd VC's. All are designed using no more then three boats at most.
You are teasing us. Is the 'Titanic' in it? Is there a 'DiCaprio' counter? :D

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I suppose it's a bit too early to hope for a Europe-based online store to offer these... (MMP's S&H is about $22 for $38 of products, I'd like to find something slightly cheaper...)