Is there Something wrong with Journal 12 and WO Bonus Pack 8?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
What tank is it on the J12 cover? (I know I'm ignorant).
The one on the hoax cover is a Comet. Another reason you can tell it is a hoax is that the tank commander is gazing placidly off into the distance instead of bailing out of his tank as the two aircraft make a mistaken attack. What are the two aircraft?

JR

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The one on the hoax cover is a Comet. Another reason you can tell it is a hoax is that the tank commander is gazing placidly off into the distance instead of bailing out of his tank as the two aircraft make a mistaken attack. What are the two aircraft?

JR
The planes look like Hawker Typhoons. If they're making a mistaken attack, it will have to be a gun run as their underwing racks appear empty.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The planes look like Hawker Typhoons. If they're making a mistaken attack, it will have to be a gun run as their underwing racks appear empty.
If they aren't making a mistaken attack and they have no ammo, why aren't they on their way back to Blighty for a bit of R&R?

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If they aren't making a mistaken attack and they have no ammo, why aren't they on their way back to Blighty for a bit of R&R?

JR
Maybe the painting depicts a training area somewhere on the isle and they are already there.
Ya never know wid 'em shifty Brits...

von Marwitz

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
No wonder I didn't recognise the tank. Not familiar with the Comet. Don't think I've ever used one in ASL either.

Thumbnail.jpg

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
A British Comet, 11th Armoured Division, judging by the black bull on yellow background on the lower hull front.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pfff. Child's play. Name the squadron the planes are from and the pilots' names...bonus point for each of their service record numbers.
Now you've done it. Paul will be on soon with DOB, 1st girl friends, ect.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
No wonder I didn't recognise the tank. Not familiar with the Comet. Don't think I've ever used one in ASL either.

View attachment 986
Hi All

This is a much better pic of a Comet from the 11th Armoured though in B&W

The 77L in ASL (TK #19) - is good against most German nasty's at that stage - I don't think they fought many Royal Tigers but teh Panther would have been a challenge since they fought them - Fortunately the Challengers in the Division with their 76LL would have made a good show we hope

Rob:cool:
2nd_Fife_and_Forfar_Yeomanry at Petershagen,_Germany.jpg

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
They probably did not see much action. Did Symphony Of Violence by ESG feature Comets?
Yes, and Franzen's Roadblock, Husum Hotfoot and (naturally enough) Tale of the Comet. Perhaps they will be used in Korean scenarios.

JR

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Yeah, seem to remember that some Schwerpunkt scenarios featured them.