Is there Something wrong with Journal 12 and WO Bonus Pack 8?

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

I am confused - like a Chinese whisper some facebook page has a post of some Journal and Action pack released at the Winter Offensive - yet where are they?? - The Forumn has diddly squat - do they actually exist or is it a big scam!!!!

Is 13 a scary number are we jinx

Is the picture on the Journal Offensive - you guys don't like your politicians at present maybe that the cover? or maybe the killing of prisoners which seems to be in every Hollywood war movie release now

So I ask - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - post the cover, describe it a bit (not after an essay)

There are poor souls that do not believe in social media are desperate for the GS forum to show what is so magical that no picture has occurred - its been over a week and I have seen lots of requests

Cheers

Rob :)

PS - Found Them:love:ASl Journal 12.jpg WO8.jpg

They look nice!!!!

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
No Action Pack was released. A Winter Offensive pack, number eight, and an ASL Journal, number twelve, were released.

It is a big scam, but the scam is not the non-existence of the items.

The Winter Offensive pack had three scenarios. The ASL Journal had twelve new scenarios, two replacements for scenarios that appeared in Yanks 2 (which I seem to have lost, BTW, if anyone found a stray), and some articles.

If you don't believe in social media, why are you posting here? This forum is nothing if not social media.

JR

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
That had some FB on sale too

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
P-39s and the like. Not the good stuff.

JR
Slander!! The VVS (Voyenno-Vozdushnye Sily) would like to have a quiet word with you.

As a low level fighter it was quite good, the Soviets really liked it and did very well with it. Granted, at high altitude it was a bit of an underpowered brick, but under 4-5000m it demanded considerable respect from Bf-109 and Fw-190. It was originally intended to be a high altitude bomber interceptor but trouble fitting a turbo-supercharger scuppered that.

"I liked the Cobra, especially the Q-5 version. It was the lightest version of all Cobras and was the best fighter I ever flew." - Nikolai G. Golodnikov (wiki)

Alexander Pokryshkin with 88? kills, started on MiG-3 (15?), then a Yak-1 (8?) and finally the P-39 (60+). He resisted conversion to the La-7 and ended the war still flying the P-39. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pokryshkin

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The Soviets were fond of their P-39s, which makes me wonder about their native products. The 37mm cannon gave them a punch, but they were in the lower half of the class as fighters. Not the bottom, perhaps, but certainly not cum laude.

JR

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am kind of surprised that nobody seems to have posted a list of articles and scenarios for Journal 12.

Stephen Frum

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
J12 contains excellent articles by Peter Struijf, John Slotwinski, Phil Palmer, Paul Sidhu, Andrew Hershey, Chas Argent, Paul Sidhu (again!), Ken Dunn, one of my favorite ASLers J.R. Tracy, and Matt Shostak.

and, 12 new scenarios and 2 reprints.
Seriously, you should buy it right now.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This seems like an elaborate hoax. :D

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Maybe Trump has twittered a threat of a punitive 35% tariff on MMP if 'Journal 12' is talked about in Mexico.

von Marwitz

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can tell ya what scenarios are in the Journal or a close approximation there of, all of them designed by pete shelling, they all have odd Set ups, odd SSR's, odd scenario titles and odd VC's. All are designed using no more then three boards at most. Probably the majority will use maybe a board and a half.:p

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I can tell ya what scenarios are in the Journal or a close approximation there of, all of them designed by pete shelling, they all have odd Set ups, odd SSR's, odd scenario titles and odd VC's. All are designed using no more then three boards at most. Probably the majority will use maybe a board and a half.:p
There's inside a DTO scenario with no less than four full maps. You may like it.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Waiting for the new President to take over tomorrow...

Then the MMP folks will either post the items for sale or go to Aruba for a vacation... I pick the "Vacation" option....