Is there any news/rumour about Hollow Legions?

Zhen Wang

Reaction score
Country
llChina
I have all nationalities except Italian...
So is there any news/rumour about Hollow Legions?
Next year? 2021? After CdG?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
CdG comes in the next few months....and I do believe that HL will be the one after that. HL will be the last core module to get the 2nd edition.

Tamerlan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I had read somewhere (maybe here or CSW) that the new version of HL would include a HASL, as CdG v2 does. Something about Ethiopia if I remember correctly. Any information about this?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Soldiers Of The Negus by CH. It is the Italian vs Ethiopian war of 1935-36. I am not sure if there is a CG included or if it is just scenarios.

EDIT: originally published by three ASLers who called themselves ELR. CH republished it later.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Soldiers Of The Negus by CH. It is the Italian vs Ethiopian war of 1935-36. I am not sure if there is a CG included or if it is just scenarios.

EDIT: originally published by three ASLers who called themselves ELR. CH republished it later.
It had no campaign game. Much of the appeal at the time was the counters. I don't know how well the scenarios will hold up today; I will be curious to find out.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
It is intended that HL will contain Soldiers of the Negus, which was originally a fan type desktop publication (unmounted counters) addition ('94) later taken up by CH ('96), who did it with real counters. From what I gathered the CH version was a once off licence for SotN, the original authors retained the rights. MMP have obviously got the originators permission (at least) to do a version.

SotN, as you correctly surmised, is about the Italian invasion of Ethiopia. The CH version had 200 x 1/2" counters, mainly unique mainly Ethiopian infantry/SW (80%) with some Italian colonial infantry (20%). There were two of what should have been 5/8" done as 1/2" in the CH edition simply because of counter sheet limits.

What numbers of counters will be in the MMP version, I haven't a clue. Being part of a bigger package, MMP won't be quite so constrained, but I don't expect multiple SotN counter sheets.

From BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/259990/soldiers-negus

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hollow Legions was one of the very first ASL modules to get a second edition.
Is that right? It has been many years since then. It will be the last in line to get the new style counters and SK style maps.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is that right? It has been many years since then. It will be the last in line to get the new style counters and SK style maps.
That is not what distinguishes second editions. Larger typeface rules and revised chapter H pages with multi-vehicle/gun notes listed under each vehicle/gun entry is what distinguishes them.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Original playtester of SoN. Some good scenarios in that pack. I’m curious if the Tank Tipping rules will be included.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unlikely--the market for those Italian AFVs has completely collapsed, and you'll never be able to resell them.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Me too.

well not #metoo, but ME ALSO.
No, it's better to relieve yourself of that pain, you are not to blame. We are all here to help you through these difficult times.

Was it Harvey or Jeffery?