Is the Deluxe ASL Redux going to make preorder?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Not quite...artist take too long and that is why my legions were lost.
I don't know about your legions, but my legions were lost because they bought a garmin but the guy who sold it to them "forgot" to tell them that it would be two-thousand years (plus-or-minus) before someone launched the satellites that would make it useful. And they wouldn't stop to ask directions. "Everyone knows all roads lead to Rome; we must be going the right way."

JR

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't know about your legions, but my legions were lost because they bought a garmin but the guy who sold it to them "forgot" to tell them that it would be two-thousand years (plus-or-minus) before someone launched the satellites that would make it useful. And they wouldn't stop to ask directions. "Everyone knows all roads lead to Rome; we must be going the right way."

JR
That's probably how one of the lost legions ended up in China. https://www.warhistoryonline.com/ancient-history/romans-china-lost-legions-carrhae.html

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ve been keeping an eye on it and occasionally writing down its totals (admittedly at uneven times, not constant intervals) just to keep track of how much progress its making:

Deluxe asl preorders

As of 1-22-19: 572
As of 2-7-19: 622
As of 2-14-19: 624
As of 2-22-19: 636
As of 3-15-19: 656
As of 3-29-19: 666
As of 4-5-19: 668
Thanks for keeping track! That's enough to start playing with in a spreadsheet. Assuming that orders proceed in a more or less linear fashion, we can expect DASL to hit 800 preorders sometime around the second week of September.

If it turns out to be more of a logarithmic growth, we'll have to wait a mite longer... specifically until late October or early November....

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I could never grasp this. If you are going to adopt the P# system as a business model, then you adopt it, you don't dance around it.

A P500 means that there is a significant commitment to buy from your customers, enough to warrant a print run. If your P# reaches 700+ as this one is now, that is indicative of a product that should now be jumping place in the production schedule to move ahead of products with weaker P# showings.

otherwise, it makes little sense to say "this product will require a P800 before we print a run, but this product will get run now, even though it may only be P450 or so..."

Either adopt the business model or don't, IMO . As always, YMMV.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The Deluxe redux P# is 800.
MMP won't launch production until 800 preorders have been reached.
I don't find that business model wrong.
What would be the problem?

Last edited:

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m assuming if they have already commissioned Charlie to “paint” the new maps and overlays it will be printed. I’m guessing it will debut at Winter Offensive with a new Journal and a WO pack with more DASL. But this is all supposition on my part.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time for one last push to hit the P# by the start of ASLOK! Only 79 more preorders needed. Not bad considering this went on preorder last year during ASLOK. Time for everyone to retire their old heavy hardboard maps and upgrade to the new SK style. Not to mention the rebalanced scenarios and new overlays which will help those scenario designers (like Pete Shelling) who are just itching to produce more DASL!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time for one last push to hit the P# by the start of ASLOK! Only 79 more preorders needed. Not bad considering this went on preorder last year during ASLOK. Time for everyone to retire their old heavy hardboard maps and upgrade to the new SK style. Not to mention the rebalanced scenarios and new overlays which will help those scenario designers (like Pete Shelling) who are just itching to produce more DASL!
Been signed up for awhile. Looking forward to the new boards.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
But when used with the Black SS and Battleschools Black SS dice sets, not forgetting Marios ASL SS dice towers.......
No, that just makes you a pervert.