Is the Deluxe ASL Redux going to make preorder?

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or two people to order 70 copies each.
That would work...or, 140 people who have ordered already to add another...maybe as Christmas gifts...even if one doesn't play ASL the maps would make great wall decorations.

Matt Boehland

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
I’ve been keeping an eye on it and occasionally writing down its totals (admittedly at uneven times, not constant intervals) just to keep track of how much progress its making:

Deluxe asl preorders

As of 1-22-19: 572
As of 2-7-19: 622
As of 2-14-19: 624
As of 2-22-19: 636
As of 3-15-19: 656
As of 3-29-19: 666
As of 4-5-19: 668

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ve been keeping an eye on it and occasionally writing down its totals (admittedly at uneven times, not constant intervals) just to keep track of how much progress its making:

Deluxe asl preorders

As of 1-22-19: 572
As of 2-7-19: 622
As of 2-14-19: 624
As of 2-22-19: 636
As of 3-15-19: 656
As of 3-29-19: 666
As of 4-5-19: 668
Nice! Percentage wise ahead of both For King and country and the Map Pack 2

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh ye of little faith! Odds should be a little bit better than that Spencer. Embrace the DASL! Could only be better if it included some black and white SS counters to really send Mark over the edge.
I would believe the Black SS counters would be a GREAT addition to the DASL updates. Even the IIFT (which was officially produced by MMP) should be made mandatory for play. But too many Grognards have the IFT memorized already....

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why does the deluxe bundle have such a higher order requirement (800) than the map bundle #2 (450)? I would think the regular map bundle #2 would be a bigger investment to produce than the deluxe bundle...way more maps. So you would want a bigger lot run to reduce cost. The Deluxe bundle has 1/5 the maps (which is where the cost would be) but almost double the pre-order requirement.

MAP Bundle #2 = 40 maps
Deluxe Bundle = 8 maps and 40 scenarios (20 cards)

The scenario cards are pretty low-cost to produce. So why the big difference in the pre-order quantity? Doesn't make sense at all.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Perhaps because Deluxe 1st ed. wasn't a commercial success and MMP wants to be sure that there are enough customers interested in v. 2?
They usually print more than the number of preordered products, so they don't want to manage long term storage - which has a cost.
But I am just guessing the reason of the high P#.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most likely because DASL Redux is its own product, whereas the map pack is as much as to supply components to other products (modules, APs, etc) as anything else.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Why does the deluxe bundle have such a higher order requirement (800) than the map bundle #2 (450)?
One reason could be that the maps for map bundle #2 have already been drawn and exist as digital files. Whereas the 8 deluxe maps needs to be re-drawn (i.e., $$$ -> Kibler).

From the pre-order page:
"Once we're satisfied there's enough interest in producing this pack, we'll get Charlie working on painting the maps and overlays..."

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
One reason could be that the maps for map bundle #2 have already been drawn and exist as digital files. Whereas the 8 deluxe maps needs to be re-drawn (i.e., $$$ -> Kibler).

From the pre-order page:
"Once we're satisfied there's enough interest in producing this pack, we'll get Charlie working on painting the maps and overlays..."
So you're saying it's not the Illuminati but map illuminators that truly rule the world? Don't tell @Tuomo; we'll never hear the end of it.

JR

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
So you're saying it's not the Illuminati but map illuminators that truly rule the world?
Illuminati, illuminators, whoever, I wish they'd do a better job of it.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think this means that artists take too long and that's why we end up over-paying for our ASL products. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

JR
Not quite...artist take too long and that is why my legions were lost.