Is MMP Healthy???

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But I did stay at a Hoilday Inn Express last night..

I'm no doctor but I'd be amazed if there is not at least one troublesome polyp between Perry, Brian and Dalton.

Other than that, I assume that they're reasonably healthy.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'm no doctor but I'd be amazed if there is not at least one troublesome polyp between Perry, Brian and Dalton.

Other than that, I assume that they're reasonably healthy.
Would you consider Portal a polyp?

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Jeeze, guys complain our boxes don't have enough padding and stuff is getting damaged. We send out some stuff in oversized boxes...

I don't know the member that started this thread or exactly what that was all about -- but using oversized boxes when shipping to Australia can make a major dent in the shipping rate. Something which has to be experienced in order to be appreciated.

MadDog_CDN

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have been critical of MMP, but...

It does bother me to see them getting slammed everytime they post here.

:mad:

They do the best the can with what they have, I for one, am grateful they package their product so well, thank you.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This thread is about half goofy posts for the sake of goofy posts :)

But in the end, the matter is they seem to ship in large boxes.

I have shipped a few items in large boxes in my time.

Detail one, there ARE thresholds on shape that affect shipping cost (otherwise they wouldn't be using a tape measure on it before telling me the cost)
Detail two, there ARE thresholds on weights that affect shipping cost (otherwise they wouldn't be measuring the weight would they).

But often those thresholds are fairly wide. It's more about "do you want that shipped cheapest way possible", or do you want it tomorrow regardless of the expense. And for businesses, they must ship in a manner that allows for evidence it got there.

Shipping offshore though requires a lot of real thought, or as was mentioned, the expense REALLY does count.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know about other guys overseas, but Alex Key opens my components, checks pieces/parts and then wraps them up in small form if possible. He then puts them in a reasonably sized box and packs it with plenty of popcorn or whatever you call it.

No damaged goods at all and reasonable shipping rates. Overseas guys should look to Alex if they are having trouble with boxes from MMP.

$0.02

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know the member that started this thread or exactly what that was all about -- but using oversized boxes when shipping to Australia can make a major dent in the shipping rate. Something which has to be experienced in order to be appreciated.
"major dent"?

The box adds about 8 oz with peanuts in it, at worst you're bumped up one column on our shipping table (a couple of bucks, tops). Shipping is by weight, not box size. We have never had our boxes measured by USPS, we have never had our boxes returned to us because their size warranted a different price. Just doesn't happen.

We use one size shipping box. That way we can order in bulk to reduce the cost of shipping boxes. As it is now we pay nearly $.60/each per box.

We pay a little more in packing peanuts, but it is far cheaper than going with different sized boxes.

BTW, the peanuts are pink because they are supposedly anti-static peanuts.

Brian

MadDog_CDN

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
"major dent"?

We pay a little more in packing peanuts, but it is far cheaper than going with different sized boxes.

Brian
Anything you can do about the flavour?

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anything you can do about the flavour?
They sell bio-degradeable ones made out of some sort of peanut or soybean oil IIRC.

They taste horrid.

And someone pointed out if they really were made out of peanut and someone allergic touched them we'd have a real issue on our hands.

So back to the lovely pink ones...

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"major dent"?

The box adds about 8 oz with peanuts in it, at worst you're bumped up one column on our shipping table (a couple of bucks, tops). Shipping is by weight, not box size. We have never had our boxes measured by USPS, we have never had our boxes returned to us because their size warranted a different price. Just doesn't happen.

We use one size shipping box. That way we can order in bulk to reduce the cost of shipping boxes. As it is now we pay nearly $.60/each per box.

Brian
I am grateful for the large shipping box. Why? Because the last few shippments I've received from MMP, including Few Returned, looked like UPS beat the crap out of the box. Fortunately, the contents were in great condition thanks to the styrofoam packing peanuts. Thanks Brian!

Chris

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, one would need the "large boxes" for young "school girls" no doubt. :smoke:
Well ya Tater, school girls have worth, unlike spuds which are best shipped in bags, because no one really cares what happens to spuds. And I can think of one spud that would be better dealt with by being returned to the dirt. :rolleyes:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well ya Tater, school girls have worth, unlike spuds which are best shipped in bags, because no one really cares what happens to spuds. And I can think of one spud that would be better dealt with by being returned to the dirt. :rolleyes:
You can say whatever you want about spuds...but they don't lust after little "school girls". :nuts:

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You can say whatever you want about spuds...but they don't lust after little "school girls". :nuts:
Of course not, spuds are useless unless thrown in a pot.

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course not, spuds are useless unless thrown in a pot.

placed in a certain strategic place they can, ahem, enhance stature

<mental note - next time put them in the front>

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
God, I hope so. :) Where the F, is my VoG! ;)

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
Yes, very healthy

I think MMP is very healthy considering the age of computers we live in now and who would have thought ASL would still be around in 2007? Not me but I am very glad that it is.:smoke:

Life is good