Is MERP still around?

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Actually Don, I am not sure there is even an ICE any more.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Looks like ICE is moved into other RPG systems since MERP was taken from them.

Beardo1976

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llUnited States
As far as D&D goes I have played 1st, 2nd and 3rd editions with FR being my favorite campaign setting (Ravenloft as a close second). I really only played a little of 3e, I was pretty much out of roleplaying at the time. I sold all of my stuff off on ebay a few years back and got some pretty good money for it.

I did play MERPS for a while, after reading the books years ago. I was a fun system, but I found it got a little bogged down with all the tables and charts for different weapon and spell crits. I know at one time http://www.merp.com/ was offering free downloads of all the old MERPS products as long as you signed up. Not sure if they still are.

I think my favorite rpg was Cyberpunk 2020. I played alot and owned most of the modules. My friends and I really enjoyed the gritty, scraping the bottom of the barrel type games, we were never big on the Monty Haul type campaigns. If my players were sleeping in a gutter and had to rob people to pay for food and to support their drug habits, they were happy players :D

Jason