Is detonating a Set DC an "attack"?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I have a Set DC on a bridge. My opponent drives an AFV (armed, armored) into Bypass of the building the unit with detonator is in (six hexes away and in LOS of the DC). Can I still blow up the bridge?

A7.212: "A unit does not have the freedom to attack units in other Locations while its own Location is occupied by a Known enemy unit (even if disrupted) unless the only known enemy unit in its Location is an unarmed, unarmored vehicle. Whenever a unit is eligible for TPBF vs Known enemy units, it can attack only those units."

A23.7: "A Set DC may be detonated using the 36+ IFT column during any friendly fire phase in a subsequent Player Turn by that Good Order unit (or one of its derivative HS, if a squad which has been Reduced or Deployed), provided it is within six hexes and LOS of the DC (but at least two hexes away), and passes a NTC."

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Existing Q&A:

A7.212, 7.35, & A23.7
May a unit detonate a DC under normal circumstances even if they are subject to VBM freeze?
A. A unit that “does not have the freedom to attack units in other Locations while its own Location is occupied by a Known enemy
unit” (A7.212) cannot detonate a Set DC.