Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hi Guys,

I'm curious if BFP has any plans to re-release OtO? Like they are doing with HG.

It would save me a lot of money to be able to buy one at release price instead of eBay price.

Thanks.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would seem that there would be a lot of buyers for OtO given it's excellent reputation. Any idea why they haven't or wouldn't re-release it?

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered reading that they don't have the rights....

burniefox

Doomsower
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Guys,

I'm curious if BFP has any plans to re-release OtO? Like they are doing with HG.

It would save me a lot of money to be able to buy one at release price instead of eBay price.

Thanks.
BFP didn't release OtO, Heat of Battle did. So you might be better off posting your question in that folder.

B-

Jerry Simmons

ntasl.com
Reaction score
HOB released High Ground and BFP is now releasing HG2, so perhaps this is the right place to ask.
I recall HOB saying they would reprint it but that was some time ago.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
BFP didn't release OtO, Heat of Battle did. So you might be better off posting your question in that folder.

B-
BFP have re-released lots of old HOB stuff, like the Tropic Thunder scenarios in B&J plus Beyond The Beachead and now High Ground. That is why I asked here. HOB does not seem to be doing much anymore. I thought maybe BFP have plans for more old HOB stuff.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP have re-released lots of old HOB stuff, like the Tropic Thunder scenarios in B&J plus Beyond The Beachead and now High Ground. That is why I asked here. HOB does not seem to be doing much anymore. I thought maybe BFP have plans for more old HOB stuff.
Oh? That's the first I've heard about this. Are all the TT scenarios in there, or just some of them?

John

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hi John,

Just some of them. I forget how many - maybe 3 or 4.

Jockster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
About a year ago Steve Dethlefsen stated that he had all of the materials for it with the exception of the counter sheets. He also stated that it would take a tremendous amount of interest for them to do a reprint. It didn't sound like he had much enthusiasm for a re-release. It's like so many things ASL. In the end you can't give them away ie.. ABTF. But after it is out of print there comes this renewed interest. As for the publisher it may not be viable to reprint something old that you may only sell a few hundred copies of. As opposed to something new that you may sell a few thousand of.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP has gained the rights to OtO. The scenarios will be reworked, some counters revised, etc, and will be included in a much larger East Front project, similar in scope to how we did BFP 3. It will be the ultimate East Front product!

Chas

regularjoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP has gained the rights to OtO. The scenarios will be reworked, some counters revised, etc, and will be included in a much larger East Front project, similar in scope to how we did BFP 3. It will be the ultimate East Front product!

Chas
I don't own BFP3, so I am ignorant here, but OtO I do have and that mutha is already a pretty hefty product. I can't imagine it how you could put more stuff on it and not have OtO overwhelm the rest of the product.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't own BFP3, so I am ignorant here, but OtO I do have and that mutha is already a pretty hefty product. I can't imagine it how you could put more stuff on it and not have OtO overwhelm the rest of the product.
You dont own BFP 3....WTF?!?!?! Blasphemy:) Leave the imaginin' to me:)

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States

Chas
:eek: Oh, holy mother of... Wow. Awesome.

S

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Sounds brilliant Chas. What about the map? Is that going to be included?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You dont own BFP 3....WTF?!?!?! Blasphemy:) Leave the imaginin' to me:)
Neither do I, nor do I plan to... I don't do PTO. However, I would love to get hold of those boards! I'm a board junkie.

As for OtOoS (Onslaught to Orsha on Steroids), that I could get my head into... once I find the cash!