Is a UK unit considered armed for routing purposes ?

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
rout.jpg

Can the Russian broken HS in CC8 rout to DD7 or will the UK Finnish tank prevent the rout ?

Edit: The UK tank is in DD6 and the broken HS has LOS to the tank. The RR in BB8 is elevated.

Last edited:

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A shocked/UK AFV is still considered armed. So no you cannot rout to DD7 unless for some reason you can't see that AFV from CC8.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The hs does not have LOS (by my eyeball) to the vehicle in bypass on the DD6-DD7-EE7 vertex. It would be required to rout to DD7 (nearest woods/building, and I don't think it is ignorable), then on discovering its error, it would refigure its rout.

JR

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The hs does not have LOS (by my eyeball) to the vehicle in bypass on the DD6-DD7-EE7 vertex. It would be required to rout to DD7 (nearest woods/building, and I don't think it is ignorable), then on discovering its error, it would refigure its rout.

JR
It had LOS, I double clicked on the units to show contents in the hex. The tank is not in bypass. The tank is in DD6.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How are we figuring that AFV is in bypass? It's literlly smack dab in the middle of DD6.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even double clicking on the tank to show it's contents, the AFV is STILL smack dab in the middle of DD6. Not sure what he's seeing there. My original answer was correct.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
In that case the broken unit can rout to dd8with interdiction. It may surrender instead.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Note that in this situation it does not matter whether an UK AFV is considered armed or not, since you can't rout ADJACENT to a Know enemy unit.

A10.51:
"...A routing unit may never move ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, unless in doing so it is leaving that enemy unit’s Location...."

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If otherwise allowed to rout (i.e. No other LOS than the ones presented are there), the broken unit may/must rout out of the AFV's Hex/Location A10.51 ...A routing unit may never move ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, unless in doing so it is leaving that enemy unit's Location. It would rout to the woods hex & would remain there as the AFV is considered Broken (so indicated and strongly intimated by the color of the Shock counter). This would only be different if a UK vehicle is not considered Broken (doubtful, but not certain). In that case the Russian broken unit could rout to the woods and then redirect from there as jrv has noted because the UK AFV cannot interdict.

Last edited:

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He's not in the AFV's hex and he has LOS to the AFV. No, he may not rout there. I believe he's going to rout to DD8 where he will not face interdiction due to Height Advantage, then to EE9, then likely to FF9.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nevermind, I just realized that HS is on an ElRR. Interdiction in DD8.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note: I'm not too sure if the 238HS was not there that the Russian unit would "have" to rout at all.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He's not ADJACENT to any other unit, so why would he have to rout if the HS wasn't there? I'm asking it that way because you said you weren't sure. What aren't you sure about?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, really? I didn't not know that. So a guy on a level 1 hill doesn't have Height Advantage over a unit on a slope either?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where can I find that? Is there some Q&A or another rule that overrides what's written in B10.31?

10.31 HEIGHT ADVANTAGE: Any unit in a hex receiving Direct Fire from a lower elevation is entitled to a +1 TEM...