Is a graveyard road considered a road?

buser333

Reaction score
G8 Recon in Force says the German AA gun may not set up in a road hex. Would this also apply to a graveyard road hex?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I think so. B18.4 speaks of it as if it is a road with special characteristics.

Note that graveyards are not concealment terrain. This means that if you set up a gun HIP in a graveyard, it would be placed on board on LOS per A12.34. (It also means that Dummies may not be set up in a graveyard). Graveyards are not good places for guns if you want to keep the gun HIP. I don't know if that would affect your choice in G8, but in most scenarios I would not have my guns in graveyards for that reason.

JR

buser333

Reaction score
I think so. B18.4 speaks of it as if it is a road with special characteristics.

Note that graveyards are not concealment terrain. This means that if you set up a gun HIP in a graveyard, it would be placed on board on LOS per A12.34. (It also means that Dummies may not be set up in a graveyard). Graveyards are not good places for guns if you want to keep the gun HIP. I don't know if that would affect your choice in G8, but in most scenarios I would not have my guns in graveyards for that reason.

JR
Thanks, JR. My suspicion was that they would be considered roads as well. I had forgotten about inability to retain HIP so thanks for that too.