Iran (Skirmisher) vs Iraq (Double Deuce) 1985 Pbem AAR.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 21 (Iraq)

In the north, the Iraqi reserve infantry continues to be forced back. The northern woods are almost all under complete Iranian control now. :nervous:

In the south, the Iranians launch their counterattack with at least 3 BMP-1's in support. My ATGM's continue their poor performance, not managing to hit any targets the entire turn. They are forced to displace as their covering smoke begins to disperse.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 22

Advance continues,In the north we lose a couple men in a couple different Pasdaran sections.
In the middle an objective is taken,one Iraqi rifle section destroyed.One man removed from another one.
In the south,an Iraqi weapons team is destroyed and 2 men removed from another one. Objectives just ahead.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 22 (Iraq)

Things continue to deteriorate especially in the north. The south may yet be saved depending on how effective the BMP's are in the offense. :cry:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 23

The Iraqis had a decent turn for themselves in defensive mode. One T-62 destroyed in the north,a mech section destroyed in the south,and the BMP immobilized. We removed some more men from Iraqi rifle sections and took another objective. Iraqi's still have some fight left in them.:surprise:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 23 (Iraq)

A very good turn but maybe too little too late. In the north, earlier in the turn one of the M901 ITV's finally found their mark taking out a T-62.

In the south, a BMP is assaulted as it moves on the objective area and is destroyed. Two others BMP's are being targeted by more M901 ITV's as the Iraqi infantry tries to regroup bolstered by the remaining T-72 which has sallied forth to seek out something to shoot at. :smoke:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 24

In the north, we lose a bid for a victory hex there,as one of my Pasdaren sections is destroyed by Iraqi conscripts.:rolleyes:
In the south,we capture two more victory hexes,and kill off the remains of an Iraqi rifle section.
The last Iraqi T-72 appears to be headed to recapture some objectives.:upset:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 24 (Iraq)

All across the front the situation seems to have taken a turn for the better.

In the north, Iraqi conscripts have managed to elminate the Iranian infantry attacking their positions. An M901 ITV has moved out of his covered position to spray the surviving enemy with machine gun fire.

In the center, the remaining Iraqi T-72 has retaken one of the objectives and eliminated 2 Iranian squads in the area. Seeing this, several previously decimated Iraqi squads have rallied to support the lone tank in the counter-attack and are in position to retake the other objective on the ridge.

In the south, the situation is still tenuous. While 2 of the 3 Iranian BMP's have been destroyed and their suppporting infantry put on the defensive, the remaining BMP, hiding in a gully, is still a major threat. Fortunately, 2 M901 ITV's are overlooking his exit routes. Let' hope they don't miss this time. :smoke:

Somewhere out there is another Iranian T-62. It hasn't been seen for a while and could pop out at any time. :nervous:

A draw may still be possible although our casualties have been very heavy.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 25

I could have just sat back and taken less losses,but I want the objectives,and my troops are paying the price on the Iraqi side of the map.
Captured 2 more objectives this turn,lost more men.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 25 END (Iraq)

Well it looks like I managed to scrape out a Draw. Taking 5 objective hexes on the last turn probably helped, that and being able to destroy the last Iranian BMP-1.

Final Score
IRAN: 2655
IRAQ: 2127