Iran (Skirmisher) vs Iraq (Double Deuce) 1985 Pbem AAR.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 11 (Iraq)

Little gunfire exchange this turn.

In the north, the Iranian begin to press their infantry forward eliminating my most forward deployed scouts acting as early warning.

In the center and south most Iranian units remain hidden behind smoke, relying on their artillery to try and inflict casualties on the Iraqi's.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 12

In the northern woods a man is removed from an Iraqi weapon's team,and a reserve infantry.
South of those woods I'm making a push for a 110 point victory hex there.Surprizingly there is very little in the way of an Iraqi defense. The Iraqi scout section in the area is almost killed off,leaving one man.
The enemy T-72 is surely still about,but it wont show itself for fear of my RPG's.

In the south I lose a scorpion tank as it attempts to duck into a gully, after attacking a nearby Iraqi rifle section. Various Iraqi ATGM elements wait patiently in the background hoping for a shot at a T-62.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 12 (Iraq)

In the north, Iranian infantry and armor bunch up in the woods as Iraqi reserve infantry continues to hold their ground. Just to their south Iranian infantry crosses the ridgeline and eliminates a severely depleted scout section.

In the south, the imobilized Iraqi T-72 continues to hammer away at any exposed Iranian infantrymen they can find. To the north of the T-72, fresh Iraqi squads bring up some RPG's and manage to eliminate another Scorpion.

The Iranian Air Force makes it's presence felt as an F-5 streaks in and destroys a repositioning M901 ITV moving in the south.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 13

Well I should have stayed put,peeked over that embankment one to many times,and the immobilized T-72 got another notch for a kill. The Iraqi's seemed to be massing to possibly make a try for the victory hexes there.
Iraqi ground troops are attempting sneak into the southern woods,we are ready there.:smoke:

A couple more Iraqi's are killed in the nothern woods,but nothing conclusive. I capture a victory hex in the middle and the Iraqi's didnt even fire a shot,they seem to have vacated the area.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 13 (Iraq)

In the northern woods the gunfire seems to have subsided somewhat except for the steady barrage of Iranian rockets and mortars. :blab:

In the south, Iranian aircraft continue to try and take out the immobilized T-72 in the south but are unsuccessful. Iraqi infantry squads maneuver to surround a lone RPG team holding 2 closely positioned objectives. He seems to be pretty much all alone. We are just waiting for the smoke to clear. :yummy:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 14

In the northern woods the fight continues,a .50 cal machine gun section kills a member of an iraqi weapon's team,the rest retreat. I lose an ifantryman,but the supporting T-62 fires at an Iraqi reserve section and kills two,they retreat.
Just to the south on the Iraqi side of the map another Iraqi weapon's team loses a man and the rest retreat.
Also in the north my last Uturu scout vehicle takes an Iraqi objective and see's a whole lot of mobile ATGM's.
Hope they miss again.:OHNO:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 14 (Iraq)

The woods in the north are still alive with the enemy as a T-72 falls victim to a lowly Iranian T-62. :cry: At least the M901 ITV's have continued to keep the rest of the enemy's vehicles at bay, killing another Iranian EE-11 Urutu APC.

In the south, the Iranian Air Force continues the attack but still without success against the besieged Iraqi T-72. Just before the attack a lone Iranian BMP-1 was spotted sneaking around in the woods off in the distance.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 15

In the north an Iraqi Malutka ATGM section is destroyed.
Sporadic small arms fire with no results elsewhere.

F-5 ordered to try again on that immobilized tank. Interestingly there seems to be no Iraqi air defense present
and no Iraqi artillery.:)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 15 (Iraq)

Iranian artillery continues to drop all along the front, killing me on both sides.

In the north, the M901 ITV's turn their MG's loose on the enemy infantry at long range forcing at least 1 squad to retreat.

In the south, the immobilzed T-72 survives another F-5 airstrike. :smoke:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
turn 16

Action in the north woods,my infantry kill off two men in an Iraqi reserve section. Supporting T-62M's finish the section off. Just to the south in the open a MG1-MMG section kills off an Iraqi Malutka ATGM unit in a treeline,waiting for an Iraqi vehicle to shoot at.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 16 (Iraq)

In the north, the woods are still bitterly contested, with 2 enemy T-62's remaining in sight but just out of reach of our anti-tank weapons.

In the center, Iranian infantry is found pushing very close to the main ridge in the front line.

In the south, things look much better. The holdout Iranian RPG Team has been eliminated and the their accompanying scouts have been put to flight. In the far south, our forces continue pushing west toward the Iranian rear areas. There is a enemy BMP out there somewhere.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 17

An Iraqi rifle section has appeared on the ridge to threaten my advance. Combined fire from a scout section and the MG1-MMG section kills 3 men and routs the Iraqi's.
A Pasdaran infantry section advances capturing another Iraqi victory hex.They are fired upon by a rifle section hidden behind the ridge and the immobilized T-72A. One of ours is killed,and one of their rifle section.

In the north woods a T-62M attacks an Iraqi reserve section killing one and they retreat.

In the south woods an enemy rifle section was fired upon by one of my Pasdaran sections killing two of the enemy.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 17 (Iraq)

The fighting in the north is still intense. Boh sides jockeying for the advantage. While the Iranians are continuing to advance against our forces they are only able to do so at a slow pace. They have at least 3 T-62's supporting them in this sector.

In the south and center, the situation looks much better. The Iranians have been routed or eliminated to our direct front in most places. We have advanced to the woods near some of their rears areas and are continuing to probe their lines. If nothing else we can keep their heads down and prevent them from retaking the center objectives or reinforcing their attacks there. The immobilized T-72 who was the anchor in the central and southern defenses finally succumbed to the repeated F-5 attack runs. :nervous:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 18

One Pasdaran section kills 3 Iraqi's in a rifle section. Another Pasdaran section loses two men to the Iraqi's.
We seem to have lost the objectives that our lite troops had been holding on to,yet north of there the Iraqi's are weak,and a couple more objectives are within reach.

In the north woods a troublesome hidden scout section nips at my infantry unseen. Somewhere up here theres an Iraqi T-72.

In the south woods the enemy has walked into a waiting trap. Three Iraqi's are killed in a rifle section and they retreat. An Iraqi weapons team hides behind smoke ,because of the hail of gunfire raining down upon them.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 18 (Iraq)

In the north and center the situation continues to deteriorate as the Iranians are able to continue their advance, athough not without casualties. The M901 ITV's have begun adding their MG's to the defense and this seems to be fairly effective.

In the south, the situation is a more stable and I should be able to continue to hold most of the objectives for some time.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 19

An action packed turn. In the center Iraqi ground elements have begun advancing toward an objective. One of my scout sections kills one of an Iraqi weapon's team and they retreat.
We advance again on the Iraqi ridge,but are bogged down by localized Iraqi rifle sections behind the ridgeline.

In the north woods the scout section continues to make trouble,along with the remains of an Iraqi reserve section.
One of my prized guards infantry is ambushed by them,all but two of my men are killed.
The supporting T-62's open up on the visible reserve section killing 3,the two remaining retreat.
My forces now own ground previously held by the Iraqi's.
Overall resistance by the enemy is slowing in that area.
Just to the south of this my forces kill of one of an Iraqi weapons team leaving only one man.
Ahead I can see more reservists and the remaining T-72
near the objective.

In the south woods a mech section kills 3 of an Iraqi weapons team and they retreat. A Pasdaran section kills 2 of an Iraqi rifle section,and another mech section comes in
and finishes them off. With the southern woods cleaned of enemy forces I can begin working back toward the Iraqi held objectives.:smoke:

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 19 (Iraq)

In the north, things are going downhill rapidly. The Iraqi infantry is finally being forced to fall back out of the woods with the exception of a few die hard scouts.

In the south, an Iranian BMP is maneuvering to attack supported by infantry. With some effort, we should be able to hold most of the objective hexes here.

Should have some screenshots next turn.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 20

The scouts are finally removed from the north woods,only scattered Iraqi ground forces seem to remain there.
To the south a couple victory hexes are just out of reach.
The enemy T-72 has vanished.

In the south woods we kill all but a lone Iraqi left running,
and continue the advance back toward the Iraqi held objectives.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 20 (Iraq)

In the north, finally some good news. An Iranian T-62 is burning (thanks to our T-72) and another is under assault by scouts. Just waiting for the therd one to pop out of the woods for a look around. :yummy:

In the south, Iranian BMP's line up for a counter-attack while my M901 ITV's reload their missile tubes in preparation. Iranian artillery continues to fall onto the front lines.

One thing I have learned is that Iraqi ATGM gunner's are severly lacking in their ability to hit even stationary targets. :mad:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 21

A Mulutka ATGM team is killed off,and other Iraqi units surpressed. Advance continues across the board.
Not much visible in the south,and four or five objectives are out there to take.:cool: