Iran (Skirmisher) vs Iraq (Double Deuce) 1985 Pbem AAR.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Meeting Engagment (2000 pts/1 air)
Iran (Skirmisher) vs Iraq (Double Deuce)

Contact on Turn 1. More info to follow. :smoke:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 2

One of my scout elements sighted a GAZ truck.

After a steady stream of machine gun fire the truck exploded. Pity the Iraqi's didnt weld some steel plates on that or something.:)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 2 (Iraq)

The loss of a few scouts yielded some useful intel. It appears the Iranians have 1 platoon of T-62's overwatching the northern road while some Scorpions try sneaking through in the south.

Time to to deploy the ATGM's. :smoke:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 3

A Scorpion tank destroyed the other GAZ truck and one of my HMG's removed a man from an ATGM team.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 3 (Iraq)

Hmmm, not much to shoot at this turn. The Iranians must be in hide mode and so low to the ground even my helo's cannot see them. :devious:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 4

Another of my HMG units attack a unit of Iraqi scouts walking in the open.
2 men are dropped where they stand,a third is sent retreating.
In the same area one of my scout elements is threatened by an Iraqi rifle section and a weapons team featuring LMG's.
.50 cal Machine gun fire from the armored scout vehicle
removes one man from the Iraqi weapons team.
RPG-7 team fires with no effect,and my Scouts
attack the weapons team removing another man.
The four remaining men retreat.:)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 4 (Iraq)

Hmmm, the Iranians must still be in hiding. They have to come out sooner or later. :smoke:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 5

Clearly my RPG-7 team wasnt hiding,it was surprized by a new Iraqi weapons team down near the southern map border during the replay,and liquidated by the Iraqi's. :mad:

My HMG fires at and kills 2 more of the other Iraqi weapon's team and sends the last 2 men running.
A type 56 SPAAMG unit attacks an Iraqi rifle section right next to the weapon's team,one man is killed and the remaining 9 flee.

In the north my scouts locate yet another GAZ truck very close,after only moving one hex. It's in a ditch below the roadway and the scouts destroy it.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 5 (Iraq)

After a small exchange of gunfire my scouts manage to spot a group of BMP-1's sneaking towards the woods in the north. Just to their south burns my poor (yet very brave) recon vehicle.

In the south, some British made Iranian Scorpians cower behind a small patch of trees.

A short time later, Iranian mortars and rockets begin to join the action. Our brave scouts will soon find them too and they will be given a great gift . . a meeting with Allah . :smoke:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 6

My scout element minus the deceased RPG-7 team finds thier killers and lays down a blanket of fire on the Iraqi weapon's team. One man is killed.
Just to the north another scout vehicle makes its way down a gully unseen and captures an Iraqi victory hex.
The Scorpion's took some pot shots at an Iraqi T-72 and a mobile ATGM that have become visible,good reasons for the scorpions to remain hidden.;)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 6 (Iraq)

Not much to shoot at but a couple of light vehicles. Managed to flame one Iranian wheeled APC sneaking about in the south (at least they showed more courage than the Scorpian crewman). :salute:

Iraqi Scouts report Iranian Tanks and APC's in the north seem to be shifting south toward the map center. Must be looking for a weak spot.

The enemy continues to drop 60mm and 120mm mortars along with Rockets along the front but no casualties are reported.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 7

During the replay of the Iraqi turn I see an enemy TOW missle destroy my southern EE-11 Urutu Scout APC. I also see the cowardly Iraqi helo thats apparently getting all of Saddams good intel for him.

The helo is nowhere to be seen.:laugh:
In the northern woods an EE-11 Urutu APC and support units (RPG-7,Scouts) visiously attack an Iraqi reserve section,they lose a man,we lose a single scout. The Iraqi reserves retreat.

Yet another EE-11 Urutu APC and support units grab another Iraqi victory hex,with only sporadic fire from the remnants of an Iraqi weapon's team.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 7 (Iraq)

Iraqi scouts continue taking the fight to the enemy, putting up fierce yet in many cases, futile resistance such as against Iranian tanks operating in the north.

In the south, our forces continue trading fire with the enemy. We are trying to work in close and finish the Iranians off in hand to hand fighting. Only through their vehicle mounted .50 caliber MG's are they able to survive against us.

Iranian mortars and rockets continue falling across the front. Reports of a few minor casualties are reported.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 8

I am thrilled during the replay as one of my T-62M's destroy's a snooping MT-LB APC.

Some scouts move up along the roadway and are surprised by another Iraqi reserve section. (Is Saddam low on men?) We lose a man,return fire kills two of them and they run.
A T-62M targets and destroys another MT-LB APC. Another tank targets a scout section and kills one man.

In the south a pinned scout section is destroyed when they fire at an Iraqi rifle section. The scorpions move up and attack another Iraqi rifle section killing 2 and sending them running.One of my Urutu scout vehicles takes a look over an embankment and see's several Iraqi infantry units sneaking about. The .50 cal machine gun finishes off the remnants of a scout section,then attacks a close by rifle section,killing one of them,they retreat.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 8 (Iraq)

Finally a vehicle kill although only an HMG armed halftrack.

Iranian tanks continue trying to "sneak" up on me in the north and seem to be pressing their dismounts into the woods in that area as well.

In the center they continue creeping forward as well, taking a few minor objectives. Our men are arming their RPG's in preparation for retaking them when the order is given but for now we let them come closer. :whist:

In the far south, our scouts appear to have broken through and will be driving deeper to seek out the enemy guns hidden in their rear areas. :bandit:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 9

One of my Pasdaran infantry sections can't believe what they see in front of them at the beginning of the turn,an enemy BRDM-2 just sitting in a ditch right in front of them some 3 hexes away.
3 RPG shots later the enemy scout vehicle burns out of control,yet one crewman managed to escape the inferno.
Ironicly it burns very close to where the enemy just destroyed one of my Type 56 SPAAMG vehicles.

My Scorpion tanks lash out at nearby Iraqi rifle sections.
The first tank kills 3 men and sends the rest retreating.
The second kills a man from a different enemy rifle section nearby. The Urutu scout vehicle crests a berm and sprays the retreating rifle section with .50 cal fire.
Two more men are killed and they continue to retreat.

In the north my Urutu scout vehicle moves up and spys
an enemy reserve section and it opens fire on them killing one. Upon disembarking the vehicle,we begin taking fire from another direction. Another reserve section is there and they destroy my RPG-7 team and kill another of my Scouts. My eyes have been opened to the extent of enemy presense in these northern woods.

Iraqi Reserve Section x3
Iraqi Weapon's Team x1
Malutka ATGM Team x1
Scout Section x1

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 9 (Iraq)

Iraqi scouts continue to press forward in the South. They can now spot the smoke of the enemy mortars on the horizon to the West.

In the center, the Iranian Scorpians are forced to pop smoke to cover their positions allowing our men to reposition behind the screen.

In the north in the woods, a lone Iranian EE-11 Urutu APC has been stripped of his infantry shield and the assault begin with grenades and RPG's. :smoke:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 10

My remaining Type 56 sprays an advancing Iraqi weapon's team killing two men,the rest head for the hills.
Two RPG-7 teams attack an advancing BRDM-2 scout vehicle. The vehicle is lit up. It was attemping to sneak :sneak: through my southern wooded area and approach my two victory hexes there.

In the north as my scout vehicle disengages the northern
enemy filled woods,the enemy kill off the last of my scout section being carried in it.
One of my guards infantry sections gets an RPG shot at an Iraqi
T-72 lurking about,with no effect.
I am also happy to see in the south, a Scorpion tank immobilized a mighty T-72 on my opponents turn.:)

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 10 (Iraq)

Iranian Artillery is still bombarding the front line. No major losses inflicted or taken this turn. Fortunately our scouts have been able to keep the enemy's armor under close watch as they sit behind the high ground to the west. Heavy, close in fighting continues in the northern woods.

In the center our scouts take an enemy infantry squad under fire and inflict some casualties but are not able to force them to withdraw. They can hear the Iranian tank idling on the other side of the ridge.

In the south the enemy is hidden behind the thickening smoke from the heavy fighting. Our disabled T-72 continues engaging any visible targets, killing several enemy infantrymen in the process.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 11

In the south one of my scout sections is ambushed by an Iraqi rifle section.Some scouts are killed and the remaining one's surrendered to the Iraqi's.

In the north my Pasdaran section's scour the hills completely destroying two Iraqi scout section's. Ample payback for the ambush.

And finally that pesky Iraqi scout helo is hit for (3) damage by a tank mounted 12.7 mm.
The Iraqi's have not used any artillery at all so far in this battle. I continue to fire mortars and rockets all around to cause some confusion for Iraqi troops on the ground.

Last edited: