IPM movement questions

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was reading my IPM movement rules as the new Rally Point has Korea scenarios.

So a line of CVPA squads contains a leader. This leader passes a NMC in his side's movement phase. This allows Infantry Platoon Movement for the contiguous line/group, which is a new form of impulse movement.

Some questions:

1. Can a CVPA unit exempt from IPM, join the impulse movement and thus help fulfill the requirement that all IPM units be adjacent to another IPM unit?

2. Can an IPM moving unit choose to not expend an impulse MF to move a hex, in effect jog in place for one MF, while other units expend an impulse MF?

Can IPM moving units voluntarily move to a hex non-adjacent to any other IPM units?

Can IPM moving units voluntarily move to a hex non-adjacent to any other IPM units if that hex is adjacent to an enemy unit? Does that allow them freedom to continue moving to other hexes adjacent to an enemy hex?

Thanks for your help.

Rich

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I was reading my IPM movement rules as the new Rally Point has Korea scenarios.

So a line of CVPA squads contains a leader. This leader passes a NMC in his side's movement phase. This allows Infantry Platoon Movement for the contiguous line/group, which is a new form of impulse movement.
There is no requirement for a leader to take a TC (and never takes a NMC) for IPM. A Squad/Halfsquad can take a NTC to move normally without IPM. The leader and any number of other infantry form a group, which can use IPM. The leader need not participate with this group, although he can.

Some questions:

1. Can a CVPA unit exempt from IPM, join the impulse movement and thus help fulfill the requirement that all IPM units be adjacent to another IPM unit?
Yes, W7.42.

2. Can an IPM moving unit choose to not expend an impulse MF to move a hex, in effect jog in place for one MF, while other units expend an impulse MF?
There is no requirement to move in an impulse, although the unit would still expend the MF of the impulse.

Can IPM moving units voluntarily move to a hex non-adjacent to any other IPM units?
The group must move so that it ends all impulses adjacent if possible [W7.422]. If the group is broken by outside circumstances (e.g. attacks, mines, etc.), it must reform in the next impulse or the IPM ends [W7.4221]. There are some differences in this regard if the group is entering from off board [W7.4222].

Can IPM moving units voluntarily move to a hex non-adjacent to any other IPM units if that hex is adjacent to an enemy unit? Does that allow them freedom to continue moving to other hexes adjacent to an enemy hex?
No. As above the group must stay together.

JR