Introduction Of Myself

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello from The Republic Of Texas. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeremy Scott and I am 24yrs old. After about a year off from gaming I have decided it was time to get back in. For those of you who visit the Armchair General Board, y'all already know me. My goal here is to learn from y'all how to make myself a better gamer and a more enjoyable one. I am currently playing Combat Mission Overloard as well as Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin. Also I have Medieval Total War plus the Viking Exspansion pack. Well I hope to make some new friends here and if anyone is up to helping this Texan get the most out of his games, then I am all up for it.

Thanks Again
Jeremy

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Welcome to WHQ. We don't have a forum for any of the Total War Series, and that series is pretty well covered on the "official" forums at www.totalwar.com, as well as numerous fan sites. This site tends to adopt a game based on the absence of noteworthy competitive, or officially sanctioned sites, that support it. For example TOAW is not actively supported by the publisher any longer (Take Two Interactive), yet here, our thriving community keeps the game alive.

However, as gamers, we always like to talk about fresh blood, errr...games... ;)

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So as not to create a bunch of threads like this, here is my intro-

Hello, my name is Ross, and I'm from Oregon in the USA. I absolutely love computers, sports, and video/computer games. I am the Call of Duty moderator (or at least I was before...since it is a sub-forum now, I don't know if I'm officially one) for these forums, but I also play other games including SP: WAW and Combat Mission: Afrika Korps. I am still in High School, and I enjoy math and science. As far as history goes, WWII is my thing. I hope to get to know more of you, and I think we all will enjoy the new forums :D.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, Ross,you are doing Linux or is the penguin by accident?

How can an operating system choose a mascott and use a bird which cannot fly? :) :nuts:

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf said:
Hey, Ross,you are doing Linux or is the penguin by accident?

How can an operating system choose a mascott and use a bird which cannot fly? :) :nuts:
Hey Redwolf, yeah, I'm a BIG linux fan (not an expert yet, still learning). About the logo... to quote the creator of linux, Linus Torvalds:

Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[sighs] I wanted a thread of my own! :D

BarcelonaBlom aka Richard Bledsoe
I'm the Military History Hobbies Moderator at well... The War-Forums. (Check my area out we talk about books, model painting and stuff like that). I'm 17 and I am one of the many "salts" at ACG. Gobeavs and Jeremy included as well as many many more. I'm a American Civil War Re-enactor and I'm looking to get into WWII. I started this whole interest into Military History thanks to my dad who taught me how to paint military models. (He's a professional-He's done an Enola Gay for Paul Tibbets to sign and a model of one of Adolf Galland's Bf-109's for G. Gordon Liddy). Well to learn about the particular tank or piece of gear you need to read the history. I've been at it for about a decade now and I've learned a lot about military history. Well I discovered that the models get smaller and people play games with them (my dad since about the '70s) so we do tabletop wargames, computer wargames, and even games like "The Longest Day" (only did once and we got shot down in the attempt... mom didn't like that taking up the kitchen table space). I've always harbored an interest for history and the military in specific. In fact today I just started my paperwork to get into the Marine Corps.

Kinda long but I need to make sure to state that I'm a wargamer already so this is one less person to convert :p .

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello All,

I am BigMik1 and I am another transplant from Armchair General forums also. I have been in the hobby of wargamming since my Mom bought the Avalon Hill's Submarine long ago (yes I am old). I have fought on may wargaming battlefields from the Hex boards of Submarine, FlatTop, Panzer Leader, SL and ASL to the virtual battlefields of Close Combat, TOAW, and Combat Mission. And that's just a short list of the wargames I have played. I am a regular forum member of the Battlefront.com forums, The Wargamer forums and Netwings fourms.

I am on the board of directors of the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum in Houston, Texas. I am also a member of the association of "Troopers" for the Buffalo Soldiers as you can veiw below in my sig. History is in my blood!!!

I am a proud Grognard!!! :D

On my computer now is the last of the CM series CMAK, TOAW:CoW and the great IL-2:Forgotten Battles.

BigMik1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm Doctor Sinister, another ACG Moderator. I'm an old RTS player, but about a year ago I got turned on to the Combat Mission games and nowadays those are pretty much all I play. I've recently plucked up the courage to accept challenges from people other than the friend who got me into CM and my current games include ones against BigMik1 and Gobeavs above. If you root around enough you'll find a lengthy thread where I'm writing up my game against BigMik1 as a "story" where even I don't know the ending (picture attachments went missing in the merge tho').

I used to frequent the Battlefront.com Forums before I found ACG and now, here we all are.

Dr. S.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy, howdy! I'm GeorgiaDixie from the old ACG board. I have been interested off and on in wargames, but lately I haven't had time. Plus, I'm kinda of lazy, so stuff with a steep learning curve I shy away from. Unless its about the War Between the States, which has so few games about it compared to other wars. But, I'll drop in from time to time and check stuff out. I'll probably just mostly lurk and read on this side, since I doubt I'll have much to offer the wargamers.

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guess I'll fall in line, and post my bio from the ACG About Us section...

Jim's interest in military history and computer gaming began while shuffling from one Army base to another in the Seventies. D & D, wargames, paintball, and martial arts made up the bulk of his junior high and high school years. Following that, Jim served about 10 years with the 82nd Airborne Division, including Desert Shield/Desert Storm, and another 4 years with the North Carolina Army National Guard, where he was professionally trained as a journalist/photographer/military historian.

Shortly after 9/11, Jim had the immense pleasure of working in Bosnia with such notable figures as Jon Guttman (editor of Military History magazine), Stephen Ambrose, the son of Carl Brashear (Men of Honor), and Capt. (now Col.) Mike Steel, the Ranger commander in Mogadishu during the 'Blackhawk Down' period.

Since then, Jim has remained active in all his interests, and now looks for ways to gather others into these subjects via writing. His other interests include disco, reading, the Sci Fi and History channels, and Alyssa Milano.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll hop on here...I'm Allen Richards but I go with my online handle, "Richa333." I subscribed to ACG & immediately fell into the forums, there finding a substantial amount of serious thinking mixed in with strong passions, all sort of revolving around Military History. Having fallen into the whirpool & I dove in & am currently cavorting around with such great &/or "controversial" posters such as Dr S & Andrey from the ACG, & am REALLY appreciating the thoughts & passions of people like Kraut from WHQ.

My online bio pretty much says it all: I'm a fat middle-aged black Republican born-again Christian who works as a technical / contracts writer for Washington State, with 3 teenage daughters (boys: shudder!) from 1st marriage & a house (remodel: shudder shudder!) with my lovely 2nd wife. My intent is to meet more cool people, which these forums are both chock full of, and to keep improving myself & learn more & more...

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome all!

I guess I should chime in, since I see a serious lack of Warfare HQ representation here!:D

My name is Curt Pangracs. I retired from the US Army April of last year after serving 20 years as a combat medic. I began gaming when I was but a young teenager with Dungeons and Dragons. I progressed to and through Squad Leader, Axis and Allies, and so on. I got the computer bug around 1985 or so, and have owned a computer since the Tandy series that required a separate cassette recorder to store files. I have always been into the tactics of wargaming, and I used to teach tactical movement and other important concepts to my medics using sand table exercises GHQ mini's.

The same month I retired from the army, I basically stumbled into a job at the Command & General Staff College (CGSC) at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, teaching Decisive Action and TacOps Cav to the students and running exercises for them using these two games. Through this position, I was introduced to Pat Proctor of ProSIM Company, and he gave me, a mere ex-medic, the chance to design my own game! I would say the rest is history, but one month of sales does not history make!

Anyway, I really consider myself more of an artist than anything else. My love for tactics and creating maps and scenarios is now being realized in my day job AND my part-time job!

On the personal side, I am married and we have 2 boys, ages 8 and almost 6. I love sports of all kinds, but love to play golf! I am also an avid reader of ALL genres,...except for those gay romance things.:kotz:

That's about it! Looking forward to the interaction of the great folks on both forums.

Oh, one more thing I think you should know,...I'm a Christian and a Conservative, but not necessarily a blind Bush supporter. I just believe in choosing the lesser of two evils in our political system!;)

Last edited:

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
OK, just to add to the WHQ side of things, my real name is Rick (Richard if I'm in trouble)I served briefly in the Royal Navy before getting medicaled out with a broken leg :shock:

I originally got hooked on wargaming in the late 70's using a variety of SPI games which I now collect, I have also built a fairly large collection of minatures over the years. Nowadays I play almost exclusively the Campaign Series games and ACOW. I miss playing head to head games, but the internet does compensate a little.

On a personal level, Im 40 years old, have my own business and live with my long suffering partner (a Computer widow :confused: ) My work commitments tend to have an erratic effect on my ability to turn around game turns, but at least my opponents know they will get the turn even if it could take up to a week.

I'm also involved in the English Civil War Society re-enacting ECW battles this is a lot of fun and involves far too much alcohol :D

My avatar is a real picture of me wearing my ECWS hat.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wolf said:
OK, just to add to the WHQ side of things, my real name is Rick (Richard if I'm in trouble)I served briefly in the Royal Navy before getting medicaled out with a broken leg :shock:

I originally got hooked on wargaming in the late 70's using a variety of SPI games which I now collect, I have also built a fairly large collection of minatures over the years. Nowadays I play almost exclusively the Campaign Series games and ACOW. I miss playing head to head games, but the internet does compensate a little.

On a personal level, Im 40 years old, have my own business and live with my long suffering partner (a Computer widow :confused: ) My work commitments tend to have an erratic effect on my ability to turn around game turns, but at least my opponents know they will get the turn even if it could take up to a week.

I'm also involved in the English Civil War Society re-enacting ECW battles this is a lot of fun and involves far too much alcohol :D

My avatar is a real picture of me wearing my ECWS hat.
Hi Wolf! What part of the country are you in? Never done any re-enacting stuff, but would like to go and see some...

Dr. S.

screamer

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
ok here i go

name: Jan Mulders
Location: Schijndel, Tilburg, Olland or s'hertogenbosch you name it.

im born january 10th 1986 so that makes me 18 years old. i study Fotonica [basically..Photography, Animation, Film and graphical design] 2nd year now. work? no real constant job i sometimes do school related stuff for money and it pays rather well.

hobbies, i play bass, school related things [photography and film] WARGAMING currently hooked on WITP and now in a lesser extent TOAW. i do not have a drivers licence :crosseye: and well im a hyperactive child in real life. [go DK's GO!]

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
Doctor Sinister said:
Hi Wolf! What part of the country are you in? Never done any re-enacting stuff, but would like to go and see some...

Dr. S.
I'm in Blackpool,but we have re-enacting events all over the country - usually on the South Coast - meaning a 4-6 hour drive for me :nuts:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wolf said:
I'm in Blackpool,but we have re-enacting events all over the country - usually on the South Coast - meaning a 4-6 hour drive for me :nuts:
:D

Obviously, I'm unable to reveal the location of my secret UK Regional HQ, but I do have a "safe-house" in Basingstoke, Hampshire.

Dr. S.