Introduce Yourself!

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Read the Title, then do what it says! New or old, feel free to add a few words about yourself here!

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Marc, 38, married, one daughter. Admittedly, I have a TOAW problem since 1998 :D

I discovered computer wargames around 20, with a thing called Universal Military Simulator on Macintosh; I remember there were three scenarios with it: Alexander, Napoleon and an Overlord one. Crappy graphics even by the standards of the time but I liked the gameplay nonetheless. I soon took the hardcore plunge with the V for Victory series: Velikye Luki and Utah Beach especially which I played to death on my tiny 9" black-and-white Mac monitor.
After I switched to PCs, I followed a somewhat common route: Panzer/Allied General, Steel Panthers, East Front/West Front until TOAW I appeared. The latter game, under its various incarnations, is still the main reason why I own a computer in the first place.

I registered on WarfareHQ (that is, here) in 2003 to engage in PBEM play, peaked at 15+ simultaneous games a couple of years ago before cutting it a bit (I have 8 active games going on between here and the Blitz club). I've been hanging around here for the last years, adding some desultory comment now and then.

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Nemo has a good format for this, so:

Kurt, 57, married for the second time (this one likes my gaming addiction!)

Gaming since I was 13, Doesn't mean I'm all that good at it, LOL!

Favorite gaming is 'Monster' games, starting with SPI, inc; paper-map games back when dinosaurs walked the earth. Once played a three-player game of "War in Europe" that took slightly over a year to play to a 'surrender' by the 'Allies'. This will stand me in good stead, as I'm playing a multi-player game of McBride's 'The Great War' against Veers, Nemo, and some others which won't be over befor 2051 at this rate, LOL!

Currently, I've discovered that 'Playtesting' a scenario is more fun than actually playing it! Very educational as well! Takes ALL your gaming time tho, so be warned....

While I'm not 'Einstein' re: ToaW, I'll be happy to answer questions inside of my experience level, and at least look for answers to questions outside of same.

Last edited:

El Cid

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Nemo, I always though your were older, at last older than me.

Juan Antonio, 39 years, married, 2 kids (3 and 6 years) on of them from the USA, one of them from Spain.

I used to play a few PC games, but when my first kid was born, I drop all of them but TOAW. Now that they are older and more independent I might take up some other games.

I started wargaming when I was 12, with Avalon Hill games (Panther Leader, Squad Leader). Hopefully my kids will also like these games when they are older.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Ferdinand Foch, from WW1 fame. By the way, to complete my introduction, I should mention I'm French.
Good catch, that wasn't quite obvious from the French flag under your avatar, Marc. :laugh:

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
My name is Silvain and I am a TOAW addict...

Discovered TOAW shortly after TOAWIII was issued

Belgian residing in the USA, 40-something, no mid-life crisis (yet), spending way too much time on TOAW but what the heck ;-)

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Jeez, Sil...

It's about time that you've approached your problem!

At least you've come to a place where you can get help, eh?

:clown::clown::clown:
They say that admitting is the path to healing:laugh:

I hope I never get cured:devious:

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Now, instead of making fun of your helpless elder, introduce yourself :whlchr:
Our 'General Veers' is somewhat reticent...

Note the 'right wing' of his party...she plays too, so be careful!

:nuts:

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
I started with tomato plants... I wonder how that's gonna turn out:clown:
Works, if you remember water, LOL! Want some 'up north' apple seeds?

I'm collecting seeds from all the fruits we get locally, and plan to start my very own 'orchard' in my 'box window'. Beats trying to raise 'herbs'....

Like the multiplayer TGW game, I figure the first fruits of my efforts will be achieved somewhere around 2051 or there abouts, LOL!

"I hope I never get cured" (silvanski)

Did no one tell you? There is no cure! You just get older and wierder until you become known as a Master of the Game, LOL!

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My name is Silvain and I am a TOAW addict...

Discovered TOAW shortly after TOAWIII was issued

Belgian residing in the USA, 40-something, no mid-life crisis (yet), spending way too much time on TOAW but what the heck ;-)
Our most important T3 recruited player/modders/designer!! :D

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Our 'General Veers' is somewhat reticent...

Note the 'right wing' of his party...she plays too, so be careful!

:nuts:
Hmmm...I find it interesting that you had that picture sitting somewhere on your hard-drive...:devious:

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Hmmm...I find it interesting that you had that picture sitting somewhere on your hard-drive...:devious:
You don't think I do some serious intell work re: prospective opponents?

Damn, Wyatt, we've been playing TGW for 'how long' and I watched the 'multi-player' thread for an obviously longer time than that, eh?

Computers were made for one thing: information storage, retrieval, and manipulation.

I keep files on lots o' people, Mhuhahaha! You amoung many....the fact that Obsidian started playing toaw was something that would certainly catch my attention. Something that I pointed out to the Wife, as a matter of fact, just to prove that it wasn't just a 'boys club'.

'GOT PARANOID'? :smoke:

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You don't think I do some serious intell work re: prospective opponents?

Damn, Wyatt, we've been playing TGW for 'how long' and I watched the 'multi-player' thread for an obviously longer time than that, eh?

Computers were made for one thing: information storage, retrieval, and manipulation.

I keep files on lots o' people, Mhuhahaha! You amoung many....the fact that Obsidian started playing toaw was something that would certainly catch my attention. Something that I pointed out to the Wife, as a matter of fact, just to prove that it wasn't just a 'boys club'.

'GOT PARANOID'? :smoke:
:laugh: All good, my friend, I was just laughing at the fact. :laugh: