Introduce Yourself!

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
lol. Apologies. PBEM "beats" playing "alone" any day of the week, was what I meant to say.
Good thing your a 'buddy', eh? I could make something of this response as well, and you a married man! LOL! What would your Lady say?

:clown::clown::clown:

"The first rule concerning getting yourself into a hole, is to stop digging!"

Just funnin' ya, Jason!

:smoke:

Gustave

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Welcome aboard Didier! You're in for a real treat I think. PBEM blows playing solo any day of the week.
Lol, the basic french translation is really funny! :clown:

Le Lyonnais salue l'Artois !
Welcome aboard by all means.
Comme Nemo signifie "personne" en latin, je répondrai donc

Carencarium (Carency) remercie Lugdunum de son accueil.

I wish to thank all of you for your welcome.

Didier

I'm sorry but I can't updload my avatar (the option doesn't appear)

It's here. I will upload it when I will be able to.

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Shane, 38, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Married since '95. Two boys (12 and 10) and a daughter (9). My oldest is starting to show an interest in wargaming, by first asking me to teach him to play Dai Senryaku VII on the XBox, and then proceeding to want to play it all the time. (I'm so proud! :p ).

I had been a lurker on this site prior to actually participating when Dan Neely convinced me to drop our High Command game and start a PBEM of EA, using that dusty copy of TOAW that I had never really learned to play.

I became an extremely prolific poster after beginning an ongoing love affair with Europe Aflame which burns just as strongly today as it did all those many years ago. I'm sure that half of the grey hairs on Mark's head (or perhaps the falling out of said hair) is a direct result of my obsession with his masterpiece, me telling him how great it was, and then listing everything that we needed to change immediately... :clown:

I ran the TOAW site for some time, and was very fortunate to be able to hand off the section to our very own JL who has been running the forums with great enthusiasm and flair ever since. (I even used to be part of his sig for a year or so... :laugh: )

I don't know 'under the hood' the way some of our number cruching boys here do (and prefer it that way), but I am something of a vet myself, and am perhaps the most well-played Europe Aflame player in history. If you have a TOAW question odds are I can answer it (or point you towards James :p ) - if you have an EA question I may just be your man!

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi everybody,

Didier, 36, single.

I was playing TOAW versus PO since 2000 and I began my first PBEM this month.
Bienvenue,

Enjoy your stay here, do not hesitate to post questions about PBEM strategy and best way to protect yourself against mad players , some of them are true Bots playing thousands of games at the same time.
We feel suspicious about a NZ man but we lack evidences !!

Der WanderIWillCaughtThemThoseDamnBotsPlayers

Gustave

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks for your welcome Jean-Luc.

I've seen you were really interested in the Campaign of France 1940.

Do you know the uchrony "France Fights On"?

Didier

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Yes, it seems I'm a rather suspicious character in a number of ways...

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
I don't know 'under the hood' the way some of our number cruching boys here do (and prefer it that way), but I am something of a vet myself, and am perhaps the most well-played Europe Aflame player in history. If you have a TOAW question odds are I can answer it (or point you towards James :p ) - if you have an EA question I may just be your man!
I suppose this is one way of phrasing it....LOL!

And about dmn time too!

Last edited:

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Heheheh, now where the hell did you dig that up? I don't even have one of those... :laugh:
Guess you do NOW, LOL!

LOL! Left-over fragments from pre-history! I've been doing ToaW longer than the present registration might lead one to believe.

This particular HDD has been thru so many revisions that I'm only 'surprised' when something from windows-me shows up, eh? I almost never delete, I only migrate.

THE 'swear word' around my house is "F-disc You, MFer!"

Actually, Shane, you'ld be surprised how many stubs are still on the net, LOL! Prolly in the same 'schrodinger box' with ER's faq page, eh?

Last edited:

FCPancakeIII

Recruit
Reaction score
Intro

Greetings all. My name is Alex. I'm 20 and I'm a big military history buff. I'm an avid gamer but not necessarily realistic wargames until recently when I discovered TOAW III. I'm really excited about it as I've always wanted an at least semi-realistic way to learn about the way the battles I'm so interested in were conducted. I'm pretty new to war-gaming and I'm looking for any help I can get on how to get started. Thanks!

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Greets to YOU, Alex!!

I suggest you read as much of the threads here as you can tolerate, LOL!

The AAR section should give you a 'heads up' both about the games mentioned, and the play-style that works well with them....

Feel free to ask questions about anything.....there's usually at least one individual willing to help!

Welcome to the forums!!!!

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hey cool! Pleased to meet you Alex. You'll find some pretty good sorts around here.

FCPancakeIII

Recruit
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah the forum seems like a fun place, I think I'll enjoy it. :D I think I've soaked up some knowledge just from lurking and reading already, haha.

BriteLite

Recruit
Reaction score
Nelson, 57 yeah that's right I am that old, married happily for 20 years.

Discovered Avalon Hill in the late 60's. Played boardgames ever since. In the 70's had the good fortune to meet several other players while game shopping at Orange Blossom Hobbies in Miami. Played nearly every week for 10 years. Boy those were the days. At times had as many as 15 players which let us play some of the monsters like War in Europe, Wacht, Atlantic Wall etc.

Playing computer games since the 80's.

Fav board WIE, Computer Panzer General.

Boonierat sent me here as I have just purchased TOAW3.