Introduce Yourself!

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
:laugh: All good, my friend, I was just laughing at the fact. :laugh:
:smoke: Everyone want's to know about 'Veers', LOL! Now that Mantis isn't around to catch the general flak, we're looking at 'General Veers', to take care of such things, eh?

Zac, of course, is nearly invisable (and a damn good job he's done of it). Jean-Luc doesn't need the harrasement.

Tag! Your IT!

:clown:

Not to mention that your Lady is a lot better looking than you are, LOL!

Last edited:

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Rasmus 34 married two kids 3 and 0. Currently on paternity leave. but otherwise working as a doctor. I started out playing Third Reich almost twenty years ago. Followed it on to A3R and eventually PBEM. I had seen hints of TOAW on the net, but been unable to find it in any danish stores. Finally discovered e-commerce :yummy:in 99 and bought my first TOAWgame. I have played it almost exclusively ever since allthough without reading the manual too closely. Joined here in 2003 and have several games going.

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Steve, 51, desperately poor, midlife crisis x 2 (Silvanski can have one of mine :devious:, discovered heaven with release of TAOW II, missed COW and WOTY, now playing TOAW III :joy:.

I play against the PO almost exclusively although I play PBEM-PBFD (Play by Flash Drive) with a friend of mine who doesn't have access to the internet either. We are currently involved playing FITE but at the rate we are going it is set to last for about 12 to 13 years! I'm betting he will die first. :devious:

I have so much fun with TOAW 3 that it can't possibly be righteous.

Best Wishes,
Steve

Olorin4

Generalfeldmarschall
Reaction score
Country
llGreece
Nick, 26, single, dropped out from college twice, mainly thanks to gaming. I am relatively new in TOAW, I discovered it last year and have been playing it like a madman since.

Foggy

Reaction score
Matt (47) - two children 10 & 9 - I know - could'nt wait for the wife to get out of the truck :) Started playing ACOW first - it had sat on my shelf for a year:cry: Joined this/that website in 2003 - basically have stayed here since!
I've been struck w/the playtesting gene - just like to tinker w/other scenarios:smoke: I've had great luck finding awesome opponents - always willing to try something new:laugh:

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
DS (38) - I started PBEM wargaming with the John Tiller ACW and Nappy games (Battleground series) in spring 2001 and stuck with these games for a long time, additionally playing the Modern, Panzer, and Squad Battles series as well as 1776, 1812, French & Indian War and for a while the Naval Campaigns (Jutland etc.) after John Tiller moved to HPS. I was unsanely active in the clubs at wargame.ch (roleplaying clubs, with ranks and commands, etc.) - several times on the verge of burnout. :(

I once tried ACOW in 2004 or so, but it didn't capture me back then. I gave TOAW3 a first try in the 2006 workshop here with 2WIN, but considering my other game load I just didn't have the time to get into it deeper. I made a second try in 2007 after I had purposefully reduced my other gaming first. This time I stayed around. I have played a dozen games over the last year and am presently in four or five, two of which quite large, for my standards (ABTF with Marc (Nemo) and Poland 1939 with Rasmus).

I am also an Ageod's American Civil War and Birth of America addict btw. :)

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Nemo has a good format for this, so:

Kurt, 57, married for the second time (this one likes my gaming addiction!)

Gaming since I was 13, Doesn't mean I'm all that good at it, LOL!

Favorite gaming is 'Monster' games, starting with SPI, inc; paper-map games back when dinosaurs walked the earth. Once played a three-player game of "War in Europe" that took slightly over a year to play to a 'surrender' by the 'Allies'. This will stand me in good stead, as I'm playing a multi-player game of McBride's 'The Great War' against Veers, Nemo, and some others which won't be over befor 2051 at this rate, LOL!

Currently, I've discovered that 'Playtesting' a scenario is more fun than actually playing it! Very educational as well! Takes ALL your gaming time tho, so be warned....

While I'm not 'Einstein' re: ToaW, I'll be happy to answer questions inside of my experience level, and at least look for answers to questions outside of same.

Hey Kurt, what games are you playtesting?

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Great thread BTW. I read everyone's introduction with much interest.

I'm Jason. "Raver" is a rather stupid play on my surname "Raven". I didnt realise that a raver was also some sort of teenage party animal ... and sadly that's not true of me either. I'm 34, with 1 kid and 1 wife, living in Wellington NZ. I got into TOAW 1 back in 2001, and went online looking for my first every PBEM game (I had just got dial up), and never looked back.

I've got up to playing something between 25 and 30 games at once at one stage, but nothing like that now - I think I'm under 10 these days.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Great thread BTW. I read everyone's introduction with much interest.

I'm Jason. "Raver" is a rather stupid play on my surname "Raven". I didnt realise that a raver was also some sort of teenage party animal ... and sadly that's not true of me either. I'm 34, with 1 kid and 1 wife, living in Wellington NZ. I got into TOAW 1 back in 2001, and went online looking for my first every PBEM game (I had just got dial up), and never looked back.

I've got up to playing something between 25 and 30 games at once at one stage, but nothing like that now - I think I'm under 10 these days.
He's a robot!!! :laugh:

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yes it's me

Hello everybody,

I'm Jean-Luc BETIN. I'm French, leaving in Paris suburb. I'm 52 divorced and I've 2 children a son 20 and a daughter 16 (gargl girl teenager :nuts:) who are living with me since 1998.

I got in 1984 a master in Paleontology but with job shortage in this domain I moved to computer world and since this time I'm a GP like tech support.

I played strategy game sine 1976 1st with board games ( I own more than 100 boxes) and latter computer games. IIRW I was playing TOAW since 1999 1st against PO and after joining this web site in 2003 I discovered the pleasure of PBEM.
I have created 4 scenarios based of modern warfare and armies equipment based on year 2004 data. 3 of them are used in the actual tournament : The Birth of European Army.

I'm the TOAW forum Moderator and since April 2006 I try to do my best for you.

To conclude I was conscript in 1979 as tank commander, I was volunteer in French reserve until 1996. I'm more than interested in the may june 40 period

Regards
Der WanderWorksForYou

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Hey Kurt, what games are you playtesting?
Bill II's On to Philadelphia ( http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=72038 )

I started around version 4b and we're now playing ver 8+something. A version 9 is expected. Redoing the players' Doc is going to be ermm, 'somewhat time consuming', but it's gonna be a really neat scenario when finished! Bill and Tane started an AAR for a 4+ version which may be seen on the aar forum.

Yeah, it's a Monster, LOL!

Last edited:

Gustave

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi everybody,

Didier, 36, single.

I was playing TOAW versus PO since 2000 and I began my first PBEM this month.

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Welcome aboard Didier! You're in for a real treat I think. PBEM blows playing solo any day of the week.

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
PBEM blows playing solo any day of the week.
Ya know, Jason, with that new avatar there's a whole lot of room for a smarmy comeback here..............

:clown::clown::clown:

Welcome to the zoo, Gustave!

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
lol. Apologies. PBEM "beats" playing "alone" any day of the week, was what I meant to say.