Introduce Yourself!

chopin38

Recruit
Reaction score
My name is Tom Holt. I currently live in Kenniwick, Washington. As I previously noted, I would very much like to meet face to face players of 'The Longest Day', or ASL in my area. Drop me a note if your interested in meeting at tholt2@charter.net.

I began playing France 1940 when I was in my early teens, more than 30 years ago, later became acquainted with Panzer Leader in College, and matriculated to ASL and other board games, both tactical and strategic. Regrettably, for the last 10 years my occupation and location have prevented me from reengaging in these pursuits, but my move to the Tri-Cities Washington, and my current job, now provide me with the opportunity to make a serious comeback.

My all-time favorite game is ASL 'Red Barricades', Campaign Game. I enjoy the intracacies of the tactical battle simulation with the strategic aspect of connected battles.

Appreciate the chance to once again be part of the gaming community.

Stimo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hello, I'm from France, but I now work in China.
I bought ACOW years ago, but never understood anything to it. Recently, I felt like giving it another try.
As I was looking for tutorials, I came here and learned about the recent huge patch for TOAW III. This achieved to convince me this game was worth it.
I only play versus the computer as I don't have enough free time to be a reliable opponent.
I'll come back to you with dozens of questions, so see you soon !

orchard

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm greener-than-green, having bought the game only a few days ago and only having experience of SP2 variants and CCS yonks ago. Thanks to those that have contributed doc's/mod's/scenarios to this game, it's fantastic. I'm on turn 22 of my first campaign (North Africa '40-'42 as CW), and I'm loving it! :)

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Welcome, Orchard! The above applies to you as well, LOL!

Have fun!

:clown:

orchard

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks dude! Maybe too late for half my Navy that I parked 1 hex away from concentrated artillery...lol :)

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I certainly wish I were younger, smarter and richer but hey, I can't really complain so far.
Did you find an opponent for EA?

trotsky1917

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi, Trotsky1917 is an enigma.

I am actually a [anti-stalinist] Marxist and oppose most wars,

... but I have always loved a good board wargame.

I own about 100 magazine games [wargamer, S&t and a few others], and about 30 boxed games. I am also on hexwar where like Liverpool FC I have been rubbish for years [I win about 45% of the time....]

I am looking for challenges, initially for smaller scenarios, I have toaw 3.4 latest patch, and will also cross post to Matrix, rugged defence etc.

the email is tbalive2 AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello. I've been away several years. But I'm looking for opponents for TAOW 3. And where did the old ladder go? I can't find it.