Into The Rubble q's

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi there,

Just received ITR. Very nice.

Now I have overlays. What is the procedure for cutting out overlays? Exactly along the hexside? just inside? just outside?

Also, I now have a whole whack of Debris hex overlays. I no longer have the RB rules (having sold off most parts of RB long ago), so my memory of Debris rules is sketchy.

This is what I recall:
Inherent terrain
Negates FFMO/FFNAM
+1 LOS Hindrance
+1 TEM
Negates roads
1 MF + COT to enter
non-fully tracked vehicles NA or automatic Bog
Bog check for fully tracked AFVs
Entrenchments and mines okay (even if formerly a road hex)
Kindling NA

Am I close?

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
I am not sure as to the exact cutting procedure, but I would assume that A2.71 would apply.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am not sure as to the exact cutting procedure, but I would assume that A2.71 would apply.
Hmmm, my v1 A2.71 doesn't mention how to cut out the overlays, just how to designate co-ordinates.

The ITR overlays appear to be set so that they are to be cut with space outside the hexsides. I recall something about DTO overlays being cut outside (no longer have F either -- sold off some time ago too), but was that in contrast to "regular" overlay procedure, or re-stating it? Reading A2.72 would suggest cutting on or inside the hexside. I am so confused. :nuts:

Thanks for your help.

Alan

PS I just noticed that the ITR example for the factory overlay shows cutting outside the hexside. So, is that my answer?

Last edited:

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have the rules.. but if you cut them on outside of lines.. your never wrong.. just not finished if you have to recut them for some reason.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Now I have overlays. What is the procedure for cutting out overlays? Exactly along the hexside? just inside? just outside?
I believe that desert overlays are cut just inside, and other overlays are cut outside. Look in chapter F to verify, because I'm drawing on memory.

JR

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Entrenchments and mines okay (even if formerly a road hex)
I recall some discussion about the road still being there under the debris. If it's paved, and you clear the debris, then such setup becomes illegal. (Also applying this to emplacement in a debris/paved-road.)

I don't think we reached a consensus (not surprising) and I don't recall a Perry Sez on the matter either.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
1. DEBRIS

1.1 Debris (EX: hex K3) is Inherent Terrain (B.6) [EXC: if in a Factory; 5.41] and also Concealment Terrain (A12.12). It has a +1 TEM and is a Half-level LOS Hindrance (both of which are cumulative with Factory TEM/Hindrance [EXC: see 5.41]). Debris may not be Kindled, nor may a Blaze spread to it; however, debris in a Roofless Factory Hex (EX: S13) can catch Fire along with the building Location (which may still be Kindled in the normal manner [EXC: Gutted; 5.51]). Debris may not be created during play.

1.2 MF/MP: Infantry must expend one MF+COT to enter a debris Location. The only vehicle type that may enter debris is a fully-tracked AFV, which does so by expending 1/4 (FRU) of its MP allotment and taking a Bog Check with a +1 DRM (and an additional +1 Bog DRM for entry of a Factory Location if applicable) [EXC to all: if Bypassing a Factory debris Location; 5.42]. Dash (A4.63), road bonus (B3.4) and the 1/2-MP road rate are NA in a road hex covered by debris except via a TB (O.1).

1.3 FORTIFICATIONS: A fortification may exist in a debris Location unless other terrain/Fortificaitons(s) therein prohibit it.

EX: Debris hex K3 may contain Wire/Mines/Entrenchments/Pillbox. Debris-road hex D15 may contain Wire/Roadblock/Pillbox/non-hidden Mines. Interior Factory debris hex R12 may contain no Fortifications-but could be designated as a Fortified Building Location.

1.4 RUBBLE: Rubble created in, or falling (B24.12) into, any debris Location turns it into a Rubble (not debris) Location.

1.5 CLEARANCE: Debris may be Cleared [EXC: Factory debris; 5.41] as if the Location were Fallen rubble (3.2; B24.71). However, debris may not be totally Cleared from a hex contrary to the last sentence of B24.71.

1.6 MANHOLES: A printed/inherent Manhole in a debris Location is usable.

1.7 AERIAL: There is a +1 DRM to a Sighting TC vs a unit in debris [EXC: if in a Roofless Factory Hex; 5.47].

1.8 CA CHANGE: The Case A TO DRM (C5.11) is not doubled for being in debris [EXC: if also in a Factory Location; 5.41].

Last edited: