Into The Rubble ITR. 10 Building - Road

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In this rule does it mean all chapter A and chapter D bypass rules apply normally or does it mean all B 31 Narrow Street bypass rules apply normally?

And with respect to vehicular bypass of Building-Road hexsides dose this mean "road rate" (as in CE is 1/2 MP) or does it mean Narrow Street cost which is a minimum of 1MP, or does it mean full normal bypass which would be 2 MP?

I realize that these hexes are not "Narrow Street" hexes but I just want to make sure I have got this correct in that it is actually different than Narrow Street rules.

ITR 10. Building-Roads: Several hexes contain buildings with roads that parallel a hexside (EX: Overlay RC-1 P1), or straddle the hexside like a Narrow Road but contain terrain other than a building/woods in the ADJACENT hex common with the bypassing road (EX: BFP A L3). For movement purposes, all bypass rules apply normally except as clarifed or amended herein for the hexside with the road. A unit using Bypass along the hexside is always considered to be on the road with LOS traced in the normal fashion (i.e., A4.34 for Infantry/Cavalry, D2.37 for VBM). Units traversing a road hexside via Bypass pay the road movement rate. VBM is allowed regardless of the distance between the obstacle and the hexside.

Seth

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In this rule does it mean all chapter A and chapter D bypass rules apply normally or does it mean all B 31 Narrow Street bypass rules apply normally?

And with respect to vehicular bypass of Building-Road hexsides dose this mean "road rate" (as in CE is 1/2 MP) or does it mean Narrow Street cost which is a minimum of 1MP, or does it mean full normal bypass which would be 2 MP?

I realize that these hexes are not "Narrow Street" hexes but I just want to make sure I have got this correct in that it is actually different than Narrow Street rules.

ITR 10. Building-Roads: Several hexes contain buildings with roads that parallel a hexside (EX: Overlay RC-1 P1), or straddle the hexside like a Narrow Road but contain terrain other than a building/woods in the ADJACENT hex common with the bypassing road (EX: BFP A L3). For movement purposes, all bypass rules apply normally except as clarifed or amended herein for the hexside with the road. A unit using Bypass along the hexside is always considered to be on the road with LOS traced in the normal fashion (i.e., A4.34 for Infantry/Cavalry, D2.37 for VBM). Units traversing a road hexside via Bypass pay the road movement rate. VBM is allowed regardless of the distance between the obstacle and the hexside.

Seth
Narrow Street Rules do not apply. The Chapter A and D bypass rules apply for Infantry and Vehicles, respectively in these cases except as noted (i.e. movement, gap between obstacle and hexside, routing). Road movement is exactly what it states. 1/2 MP along each hexside. Again, narrow street rules do not apply, use bypass mechanics.