Interpretation of "OR"

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Could be, but given the VC text - my assumption (without having seen the actual scenario/set-up-instructions) is that the Canadians are already in place on the hill to fulfill the VC, and that the Germans needs to kick them out.

If that is the case then I'd the onus is on the Germans. Now if the Canadians are indeed not on the hill the begin with, then they do have to do something.
No hill mandated, vehicles come from off board.
Assuming that the Canadians don't go on Holiday to the small village at the base of the hill.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
No hill mandated, vehicles come from off board.
Assuming that the Canadians don't go on Holiday to the small village at the base of the hill.
The Canadians at-start units all start on board 58 - that has the Hill on it. 7.5 MMC and 2 AFV can set up at Level 3. All Germans enter from offboard - so I think I'd say the Germans have a job to do kicking the Canadians off the hill.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The Canadians at-start units all start on board 58 - that has the Hill on it. 7.5 MMC and 2 AFV can set up at Level 3. All Germans enter from offboard - so I think I'd say the Germans have a job to do kicking the Canadians off the hill.
The historical action it is based on was a regiment of Canadian tanks new to combat. They climbed the wrong hill during the night, and when daylight broke, the Germans counter-attacked to drive them off.

Bertrand

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Bertrand
Country
llFrance
Hi friends
It's been a long time, but from what I remember, if there are still canadians at the top of the hill by the end of the game the German Win.
"The Germans have a job to do kicking the Canadians off the hill" -> It's the spirit of the scenario.:)
So effectively German Lose with these 3 conditions :
  1. If the Canadian have a Good Order MMC and a Mobile AFV with functioning MA on Level 3 hill hex
  2. If Canadians have a Good Order MMC on a Level 3 hill hex
  3. If Canadian have a a Mobile AFV with functioning MA on a Level 3 hill hex

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It's been a long time, but from what I remember, if there are still canadians at the top of the hill by the end of the game the German Win.
Canadians win. :)

"The Germans have a job to do kicking the Canadians off the hill" -> It's the spirit of the scenario.:)
  1. If the Canadian have a Good Order MMC and a Mobile AFV with functioning MA on Level 3 hill hex
Plus the Germans also lose if they don't have "one mobile, non-Recalled German AFV with functionning MA remains on board".

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi friends
Thank you Bertrand for clearing this question up for me - I am satisfied.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
So the Canadians win if there are ANY units in the hill in ANY combination.

Probably better written from a Canadian win perspective
"STAY ON THE HILL BOYS'

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi friends
Bernard thank you for the answer - I would request that you please contact LFT and have them put up an errata on this scenario and either change the "OR" to "and/or" or "and" the other possibility is as Stewart suggested rewrite to have the victory from the Canadian perspective.