Country
llUnited States

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Very good idea to post this!
It might help to cut the outrageous shipment-costs for which MMP is not responsible.

AFAIK Udo Grebe from Germany does take pre-orders (at least he did in the past).

von Marwitz

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Sadly MilSims in Australia (under their recent change of owner) is not really viable nowadays. It's not that they don't try; but they only bring in new ASL items (and other MMP games for that matter) once in a blue moon. They're a good store for all sorts of gaming items, but it's hard to recommend them as a destination for ASL players.

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Sadly MilSims in Australia (under their recent change of owner) is not really viable nowadays. It's not that they don't try; but they only bring in new ASL items (and other MMP games for that matter) once in a blue moon. They're a good store for all sorts of gaming items, but it's hard to recommend them as a destination for ASL players.
On this point, any Aussies out there looking to pre-order Manila: Sword and Fire? I've gone in on a multi-person order before to share shipping costs on lighter items (action packs etc), would it help with a bulkier item such as this HASL (or for that matter, Rising Sun which I'm umming and ahhing about to replace my very old Gung Ho/Code of Bushido)? If so there'd still be the problem of domestic postage once it got here to send out to everyone, but still better than all individual international shipping surely. I'm open to either MMP direct or Ritterkrieg (with the latter at least you can wait to bundle several items rather than having each one sent as soon as it's ready). Please PM me. Cheers, John.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Very good idea to post this!
It might help to cut the outrageous shipment-costs for which MMP is not responsible.

AFAIK Udo Grebe from Germany does take pre-orders (at least he did in the past).
They do (I should get my pre-ordered FKaC from them in a few days), but the standard preorder from them doesn't include the significant MMP price reduction for preorder. I'll still preorder from them until the various French online stores have the functionality though.

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I visited Perth in 2019 and found the biggest collection of ASL stuff I've seen on shelves in Australia (sadly that is to say, anything more than zero) in Tactics, bought a copy of Hakkaa Paalle and the pocket ASLRB. A few months ago they posted me a copy of Action Pack 9 which I remembered I had seen there, but I think their ASL stock was mostly second hand stuff and they don't list any of it on their website, not sure if they would bring in new stock.
Amazing store though, down in a basement in the centre of town, just loved walking in and gazing longingly at their huge range of boardgames.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I visited Perth in 2019 and found the biggest collection of ASL stuff I've seen on shelves in Australia (sadly that is to say, anything more than zero) in Tactics, bought a copy of Hakkaa Paalle and the pocket ASLRB. A few months ago they posted me a copy of Action Pack 9 which I remembered I had seen there, but I think their ASL stock was mostly second hand stuff and they don't list any of it on their website, not sure if they would bring in new stock.
Amazing store though, down in a basement in the centre of town, just loved walking in and gazing longingly at their huge range of boardgames.
Something quite nostalgic about a brick and 81mm mortar establishment. 😉