Intensive Firing Smoke

Special K9

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Intensive Firing Smoke:

C3.33 Area Target Type: …. Fire on the Area Target Type by a non-Mortar consumes all of that Gun's ROF for that turn (excluding Intensive Fire) and thus cannot be used after taking any other shot first……

Since Smoke uses the Area Target Type and consumes all ROF (except for Mortars), does this mean that Smoke can be Intensive Fired to get one more round of Smoke out of a non-Mortar weapon?

Losing Acq. when firing on a different target with Special Ammo.

Do I lose acq. on one target when I attempt special ammo on a different target, but fail to get that special ammo use. C8.9 and C6.5 say the following.

C8.9 Depletion Numbers: …. If that Original To Hit DR is > the Depletion Number, the firer had no such ammunition and is considered not to have fired yet for any purpose unless Gun Malfunction or Low Ammo (D3.71) occurs.

C6.5 Case N; Acquired Target: …. The target remains acquired until the Gun/manning-Infantry that placed it leaves its present Location [EXC: Gyrostabilizer; 6.55] - or the Gun changes its CA without firing on its already-acquired target during the current phase - or the Gun (or its CMG unless in a separate turret) attacks (including in CC, or Interdicts) a different target…….

According to C8.9 I haven’t fired yet if I don’t have the special ammo. So does that mean my acq. target hasn’t changed either?

C6.5 makes it sound like I have fired at a different target, but with what?

What are some of the rules reading out there?

Kevin

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Special K9 said:
Intensive Firing Smoke:

C3.33 Area Target Type: …. Fire on the Area Target Type by a non-Mortar consumes all of that Gun's ROF for that turn (excluding Intensive Fire) and thus cannot be used after taking any other shot first……

Since Smoke uses the Area Target Type and consumes all ROF (except for Mortars), does this mean that Smoke can be Intensive Fired to get one more round of Smoke out of a non-Mortar weapon?
Sure, just don't gak your gun. :)

Special K9 said:
Losing Acq. when firing on a different target with Special Ammo.

Do I lose acq. on one target when I attempt special ammo on a different target, but fail to get that special ammo use. C8.9 and C6.5 say the following.

C8.9 Depletion Numbers: …. If that Original To Hit DR is > the Depletion Number, the firer had no such ammunition and is considered not to have fired yet for any purpose unless Gun Malfunction or Low Ammo (D3.71) occurs.

C6.5 Case N; Acquired Target: …. The target remains acquired until the Gun/manning-Infantry that placed it leaves its present Location [EXC: Gyrostabilizer; 6.55] - or the Gun changes its CA without firing on its already-acquired target during the current phase - or the Gun (or its CMG unless in a separate turret) attacks (including in CC, or Interdicts) a different target…….

According to C8.9 I haven’t fired yet if I don’t have the special ammo. So does that mean my acq. target hasn’t changed either?

C6.5 makes it sound like I have fired at a different target, but with what?

What are some of the rules reading out there?

Kevin
I think this answers your own question:

C 8.9 said:
C8.9 Depletion Numbers:
C 8.9 said:
…. If that Original To Hit DR is > the Depletion Number, the firer had no such ammunition and is considered not to have fired yet for any purpose unless Gun Malfunction or Low Ammo (D3.71) occurs.