Intensive Fire from Mortars?

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have always played that Mortars may not Intensive Fire. However, looking it up for another player, I can not find it in the rulebook.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
They may. It's light mortars that cannot IF since they are SWs:

C5.6 CASE F; INTENSIVE FIRE: Intensive Fire is available only to Guns (not SW)....​

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You get odd cases where the 50mm mortar can intensive fire while in the vehicle but not once dismounted.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You get odd cases where the 50mm mortar can intensive fire while in the vehicle but not once dismounted.
I do not believe that a SW MTR can fire from a vehicle:

"D6.1 PASSENGERS: ... LMG, PIAT, and Thrown DC are the only SW which can be fired by Passengers. [EXC: Desperation attacks by SCW/RCL as per C13.8-.81]."

Offhand, I can't think of a vehicle that has as SW caliber MTR fixed in it as part of its armament which would make it vehicular.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think Vinnie is refering specifically to Carrier, 2-in Mtr.
He´s british, you know.. :)
Indeed I had this specific vehicle in mind, leafed through the vehicle notes before my post - and promptly overlooked it leading me to the conclusion that in one of those Carriers the MTR is stored in inherently.

So yes, the Carrier, 2-in Mtr. can do the trick.

I think that Vinnie is more Scottish than British, but I'd rather not venture out on thin ice on this one... ;)

von Marwitz

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Indeed I had this specific vehicle in mind, leafed through the vehicle notes before my post - and promptly overlooked it leading me to the conclusion that in one of those Carriers the MTR is stored in inherently.

So yes, the Carrier, 2-in Mtr. can do the trick.

I think that Vinnie is more Scottish than British, but I'd rather not venture out on thin ice on this one... ;)

von Marwitz
That's the one I was thinking of indeed. And I am Scottish and British (and Italian when the football finals are on since I am definately not English!).