Intensive Fire and Residual FP

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Does Intensive Fire leave Residual FP? I cannot find it in the SK Rules, but A8.25 in the ASLRB states that "Neither Intensive Fire (C5.6), AP-type ammo (see 8.2), nor PF/PFk (C13.31) leaves Residual FP." It seems a miss in the SK rules.

Hemaelstrom

Reaction score
Country
llCongo
That does indeed appear to be an oversight. It would most usefully be stated in the same sentence that gives chosen retention of ROF and malfunction as exceptions to leaving Residual FP, in 3.3.5.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will send in a request to get this added to the upcoming PTO rulebook, assuming it is intended for Intensive Fire to NOT leave resid (which I cannot think why it shouldn't in SK).

Hemaelstrom

Reaction score
Country
llCongo
Excellent thanks! There may be something else that needs looking at, but I will start a new thread about it here soon for discussion.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does Intensive Fire leave Residual FP? I cannot find it in the SK Rules, but A8.25 in the ASLRB states that "Neither Intensive Fire (C5.6), AP-type ammo (see 8.2), nor PF/PFk (C13.31) leaves Residual FP." It seems a miss in the SK rules.
I have looked over the ASLSK rules and charts and could find nothing, indeed this is an oversight/typo in the ASLSK rules. From my ASL experience I never left any, but for a new player, it could be a issue??

Thanks
Joe

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have looked over the ASLSK rules and charts and could find nothing, indeed this is an oversight/typo in the ASLSK rules. From my ASL experience I never left any, but for a new player, it could be a issue??

Thanks
Joe
It could be a rule by omission. That is to say ASL/ASLSK rules are based upon what is legal and allowed, not what is prohibited, a failure to mention Intensive Fire not leaving RFP may be intentional as it is not allowed. However, I am in agreement with you here that at least a clarification would be prudent.

Thomas Marshall

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In two different sections of my Decision at Elst rule book (my operative RB for all SK games) I wrote - and then highlighted in yellow marker -
“No Resid—>Intens Fire”. Knowing me, I would make that kind of annotation for only 2 reasons: either I saw it confirmed online on a forum from what I would consider a “Credible Source” (YMMV), or one of my PBEM opponents communicated it to me during a game.

Damned if I can remember where I sourced it, though. If/when I can confirm it, I’ll circle back with a follow-up. That’s how I’ve been playing it, but as always, if I’m playing incorrectly, I want to know.