Instance Cluster / New raid Info

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New Instance Clusters:

For those who like a challenge and are inclined to do it all and get the "best stuff:" new instances, new deeds to finish, another new barter currency, new armor sets, special rewards...more things.

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/1065-update-2-instance-cluster-developer-diary

New raid:

And for those raid players more on the upcoming Ost Dunhoth Raid.
http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/1069-update2-ost-dunhoth-raid-developer-diary

In one section they describe how the designer "... wanted to remove the arbitrary mechanics." on why you wiped in a raid. So... he wanted "You have to be a unit and act with a cohesive plan where everyone is doing their job."

My take on how it reads is:, there’s only going to be ONE way to complete the raid and you'll keep dying until you figure out that ONE way.

Or as he put it: You will wipe many, many times but it will be because the minstrel didn't heal in time, the hunter stole threat, the tank didn't back up out of the fire, your DPS didn’t coordinate on targets, someone broke a crowd control (CC), etc. It will be because of something you did wrong. You can then analyze this, learn from it, and avoid repeating the same mistakes. You can get better, not lucky.

This sounds extremely restrictive in what classes you take into the raid, the exact skills each player must have equipped and exactly what you do inside. You must do it this way to succeed instead of allowing the classes that attempt it multiple ways to overcome the Mobs. Just the opposite of what they intended. "After many attempts the exact classes required are.... you must always have 3 tanks to win if you take in 3 hunters you lose.
:crosseye:

They lost me on this Raid with the line, "You will wipe many, many times..." Thanks but I believe there better ways to spend my time in Middle Earth than spending "many, many hours" just trying to figure out which player class we need to kick out of our raid group...