Input for a new scenario

LOK

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
For anyone who may be interested in modern Warsaw Pact-NATO scenarios:
I am considering splitting up my Global Conflict 1988 scenario to two: One covering Europe-Middle East and one covering Asia/Pacific.
With the event limit raised to 1000 the question is what would you like to see in the European/Middle East scenario in terms of features?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Levelworm

Reaction score
Country
llChina
LOK said:
I am considering splitting up my Global Conflict 1988 scenario to two: One covering Europe-Middle East and one covering Asia/Pacific.
With the event limit raised to 1000 the question is what would you like to see in the European/Middle East scenario in terms of features?
I will keep my opinion for the Asia/Pacific part :p
For the middle East, maybe we can have something like the overthrowing of old government so that the armies of that country could be withdrawed/mobolized?

Last edited:

LOK

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
Levelworm said:
I will keep my opinion for the Asia/Pacific part :p
well I was planning to have two "coupled" scenarios so any input on Asia/pacific is also appreciated :)

John Osborne

Reaction score
LOK said:
Have you looked at the book titled :The War That Never Was" I like the part where battles where being fought between Turkey, Greece against the Warsaw Pact trying to take control of the Straits of Bosporous, so that the route from the Black sea into the Mediterranean Sea is open for the Warsaw Pact ships.

During the battles, Turkey and Greece almost started fighting each other :surprise: Because Greece wouldn't try to rescue a Turkish unit that was surrounded by the enemy.

Just my 2cents.

John

LOK

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
that's one book i have not read on the cold war. I will check it out. Thanks for the tip.
TOAW does simulate different cooperation levels between formation levels but that kind of "non-cooperation" between allies is not really modeled well. That's one feature I'd like to see in a future version

samba_liten

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Now, i might be talking about theatre options rather than events, but it would sure be nice if you got rid of the disband a unit to declare war triggers.
I guess you might be able to do that even if you arent allowed any more theatre options, since you are splitting the scenarios.

Also, civil unrest in certain countries triggered by certain events. For example, Arab countries might have troble in their cities if something were to happen to Mecca etc.

A separate chain of events to solve the Iran Iraq crisis might be nice too. This also borders on a theatre option thing, but letting the players fight the last part of that war out, and having Iran and Iraq join/ not join the global conflict and/ or choose sides depending on the outcome of their war and what, if any support they recieved would be interresting.

LOK

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
thanks for the input. I intend to get rid of the disband unit and use Theater options even though we are still limited to 16. I just have to structure the Theater Options so only some of them are available in any given time.
I also intend to split the game in two: One Europe-Middle East and one Pacific. That allows some more flexibility on the theater options.
There are some events that trigger unrest in Egypt and Jordan but will improve on that now that we have 1000 events.
Iran and Iraq are an issue since both of could potentially join either side but neither of them is really allied to the US or USSR.