Inor Front Line issue

Qwirz

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi all!
I'm not sure I have understand the perimeter creation after a date of a CG. We are playing CGII, just finished the first date. What is obscure is if we have to delineate a front line or if the set up areas are just several "pockets" formed by the ZoC of the Strategic Locations. Do we have to "connect" these "pockets" in order to form a Front Line? And in which way we can do it?
Thanks

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
If the 'pockets' around each strategic locations link up it forms a larger pocket that usually will form a continuous front on the map.
If an area is completely surrounded by the hexes controlled by one side it will become part of the setup area of this side.

So normally after perimeter determination, the German should control the NW part of the map and the French the rest (EXC : sometimes the French is able to cut the road to Inor and isolate the Germans in the village).

Hope this help ?
Lionel

Qwirz

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
If the 'pockets' around each strategic locations link up it forms a larger pocket that usually will form a continuous front on the map.
If an area is completely surrounded by the hexes controlled by one side it will become part of the setup area of this side.

So normally after perimeter determination, the German should control the NW part of the map and the French the rest (EXC : sometimes the French is able to cut the road to Inor and isolate the Germans in the village).

Hope this help ?
Lionel
Thanks Lionel!
Perhaps being used to the "traditional" way to draw the perimeter I wasn't able to see the straightforwardness of your new method!!!
Cheers

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Thanks. I must say that this method is not 'new', it has been used in a lot of other HASL (i.e Pegasus Bridge).
We tried the standard 'RB' method but it worked not well on this map.