Inor die cutter problem

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi, and thanks for your video :)

I need to give you a few answers. First here:

I am afraid I haven't been clear enough when posting about these mixed Sniper / FB counters. ALL OF THE countesrheets do have this very problem. William Stoppel gave a (smart) way to bypass this problem (Semper Fi! ;) ) and until we release the corrected counters in another countersheet, I think his proposal may do the trick :)

Thanks for your understanding. Nevertheless, we are trying to replace all the countersheets, specially # 2, since this one is the one presenting a problem with the cutter itself. Thanks to the pictures we have received from you guys, with countersheets problems, we have been able to provide several examples to the printers, who are having internal talks. My contact there will be back on Monday, and I expect to have some good news but I can't promise anything yet, since I am not sure of the outcome.

Anyway, please by patient and we will come back as soon as possible with some news.

As far as the presentation and the price are concerned, the explanation is quite simple. The StN or KGS modules were printed in Cambodia, Seoul in Spain while Inor, both in France and Spain.... It's all a matter or costs and quality, and because of Covid, I haven't been able to travel neither to Asia and monitor the printing process by myself, as I usually do, nor to Spain. What's more, shipping costs are killing us. The customs take their toll, even more than before, and the shipping companies have strongly raised their prices. We also prefer boxed modules but nowadays, it's nearly impossible to offer these kind of products and keep them below USD 150 $, which IMO is already far too expensive.

We may release a huge product within 3 or 4 years, true, that will be quite expensive, bigger than Inor and with more maps and counters, but until then, I am afraid we won't be able to renew the boxes as we did before.

Thanks again. I hope these few comments help you understand the why and how of Inor :)

Best,

X
X - the shipping cost issue is a worldwide phenomenon, can't do much about that.

Forgoing the box is a smart choice. The first thing I do with any ASL product is to scan everything, file the scenarios and put the maps away in portfolios or map tubes anyways. I am definitely happier without the box.

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
I store the LFT games and maps in A4 hard case files. It works fine. Anything you need to do just do it. Most people have their own storage method anyway.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am afraid I haven't been clear enough when posting about these mixed Sniper / FB counters. ALL OF THE countesrheets do have this very problem. William Stoppel gave a (smart) way to bypass this problem (Semper Fi! ;) ) and until we release the corrected counters in another countersheet, I think his proposal may do the trick :)
Are the French 1939 FBs supposed to have bombs? One side has ROF 1, the other ROF 2, but no bombs are depicted on either side of the counters.

The alignment on countersheet 2 is good enough on mine. I like the Smoke and WP FFE counters, nice addition to system.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

We are aware that some counter sheets have been poorly cut, and that 2 counters have their front and back mixed up (French Sniper and Fighter Bomber). We apologize; if you receive such a poorly cut counter sheet, please contact us at xavier_vitry@yahoo.fr ; LFT will endeavor to get you a replacement sheet as soon as possible.

In addition, LFT is making the printer aware of this issue and steps are being put in place to prevent this from happening in future. Thus, and if you can, please provide a photo of the miss-cut sheet. Thank you!

X
Email sent.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Hi X thanks for the information. Good luck.
we played INOR8 Hill 311 this week. It was a very exciting scenario. A French win on Tum 6. Good quality. Looking forward to playing the other scenarios
No rush for replacement counters. thanks for the game design. Cheers neil
Thanks ! Don't forget to put the result in the ROAR !

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Four of us will be playing a couple of scenarios the Villy Muss east and west ones from the pack tomorrow night it is a cracking module from LFT once again.

Last edited:

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
It’s easy to skin the back of the two counters with a knife. Then use a glue stick a d the sniper and FB counters are perfect!
Mind you we only use one side of the counter at any one time. So picking up another counter to put it on the board isn’t hard to do?? In a game with many many counters. 😅😉

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Mind you we only use one side of the counter at any one time. So picking up another counter to put it on the board isn’t hard to do?? In a game with many many counters. 😅😉

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just offering an opinion on the the future of boxes for LFT modules. I actually like having a box to keep everything together. I'd gladly pay a few extra dollars to have one provided. As it stands with Inor, I have a stack of scenario cards, rules, booklet, charts, etc., sliding around and more prone to getting separated, misplaced and/or dinged. Just my two cents.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the interim I would recommend looking into something like this to help store the game (not sure if this is the right size):

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just offering an opinion on the the future of boxes for LFT modules. I actually like having a box to keep everything together. I'd gladly pay a few extra dollars to have one provided. As it stands with Inor, I have a stack of scenario cards, rules, booklet, charts, etc., sliding around and more prone to getting separated, misplaced and/or dinged. Just my two cents.
Keep it in a folder with A4 pockets and then no worries

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes either spiral bound 40 A 4 folders work. I prefer A4 hard casefile from paper chase products. These are hinged. They are great for the pocket rule book too. £3 Amazon is no local store.
Possibly more splash proof. Water proof maybe not sure what depth???? 😬🤣 disclaimer DO not try this!!!! 🤣🥃