Inor CG III Initial movement restrictions

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the intent behind I SSR #5: (No French Personnel may voluntarily exit its Setup Area before Turn 2) for Inor Village forces?

A strict reading means they can't leave the building they setup in because that is how Rule 3 i describes the village "All Buildings on/west...."

So I read that strictly as they can move inside the building they setup or go from one building to another that is adjacent but that they could NOT go into a road to get the another building of the village.

Is that the intent and/or how it was designed? To be specific, could a French unit setup in G47 and than in French Turn 1 move to I48 or F49?

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Hi,

We never had this question during PT but I agree its not clear and we need to add an errata. The troops deployed in Inor are free to move on the first turn.

Lionel

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

We never had this question during PT but I agree its not clear and we need to add an errata. The troops deployed in Inor are free to move on the first turn.

Lionel
I had interpreted this as they could move, but had to stay in buildings belonging to the Inor Village (the same way my brother above did). Its only for the first French movement phase, so unless my opponent completely rushes the village with everybody he can shove on a transport it's effect should be minimal. I'm more concerned about the other areas (specifically the Bois de La Hache and the K19-K23 area), where I can't rush up through the woods to meet him. It does convey a certain aura of the French being in complete disarray after their pull back to this area and I assume that allows the German to get a good toehold in the woods (if that's where he chooses to push).

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
I had interpreted this as they could move, but had to stay in buildings belonging to the Inor Village (the same way my brother above did). Its only for the first French movement phase, so unless my opponent completely rushes the village with everybody he can shove on a transport it's effect should be minimal. I'm more concerned about the other areas (specifically the Bois de La Hache and the K19-K23 area), where I can't rush up through the woods to meet him. It does convey a certain aura of the French being in complete disarray after their pull back to this area and I assume that allows the German to get a good toehold in the woods (if that's where he chooses to push).
Yes the French were surprised by the quick move of the German so the restriction on turn one for the French.
At the beginning of the battle the French thought that the 'Bois de la Hache' was heavily defended but it was not the case and the Germans managed to take it easily (in the CG the French player can deploy just one platoon of infantry in this woods).
Without this the French can rush units in the Bois de la Hache to stop the Germans, a complete change in the battle.

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

Lionel
Sorry, still not clear. Free to move AT WILL anywhere they want? i.e. not subject to that restriction at all?

Or can move building to building?

Or can move from one building across the road to another village building?

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Sorry, still not clear. Free to move AT WILL anywhere they want? i.e. not subject to that restriction at all?

Or can move building to building?

Or can move from one building across the road to another village building?
They can move as they want.

Lionel

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the clarification.... makes the dash for the village a bit more risky if they can actually MOVE :) I was thinking about making the dash with them being pinned and being able to move twice before they could... so much for that plan.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
OK so to be clear this is just for the Inor Village setup area?

I am still a little confused.

Peace

Roger

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Yes, the force deployed in the Village can move without restriction.
If a platoon is deplyed in 'the bois de la hache', the force there cannot leave the 'bois de la Hache ' on the first turn.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Yes, the force deployed in the Village can move without restriction.
If a platoon is deplyed in 'the bois de la hache', the force there cannot leave the 'bois de la Hache ' on the first turn.
And we are interpreting it as ALL Inor Village forces., The Given guys and any purchased platoon.
Yes.