BFP 3 (Blood & Jungle) Errata

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Based on the above discussion, I've updated the errata and files in post #91 with the following Q&A. Sticky errata is unaffected.

Q. With the Japanese Type 1 Ho-Ha can a passenger remove the MG's as part of the normal unloading process or can only the crew remove them?

A. The MGs are removable by the Passengers just like the US vehicle (US Vehicle Note 30).

Rick

Last edited:

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We bought B&J and CoS at the same time. Getting around to punching counters, i found replacement sheets in CoS for 2 of the counter sheets in B&J. Can someone tell me which counters were replaced? Should i just put the original sheet in retirement? I searched this thread but couldnt really find what i was looking for.:confused:

Thanks

MWR

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
We bought B&J and CoS at the same time. Getting around to punching counters, i found replacement sheets in CoS for 2 of the counter sheets in B&J. Can someone tell me which counters were replaced? Should i just put the original sheet in retirement? I searched this thread but couldnt really find what i was looking for.:confused:

Thanks

MWR
Pretty much all of them. It was a white core/grey core issue. You should have gotten enough sheets to replace all of B&J's original counters. The only thing that wasn't 1-for-1 replaced was one terrain type (crag, I think), so you'll want to keep those "live."

S

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty much all of them. It was a white core/grey core issue. You should have gotten enough sheets to replace all of B&J's original counters. The only thing that wasn't 1-for-1 replaced was one terrain type (crag, I think), so you'll want to keep those "live."

S
I think all we got was sheet 2 and sheet 4.

I'm assuming you're talking about the color of the counters,correct??

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
FWIW i like the original sheets better. I will have to look at them closer to see what you're talking about.

Thanks Spencer
Pretty much a push in my book. The core (inside) of the counter was white in B&J. In CoS, it was grey (cardboard color, actually slightly brownish). BFP replaced them at their cost. The issue is that if you have a B&J SW (say) in a stack of other counters, you can tell what it is from the side. Class move on BFP's part, if not strictly needed.

S

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Class move on BFP's part to replace the white core counters with grey core ones.

The white ones were cool, however, their downside was that you could see identify the white core counters in a stack. So some limited recon was free (ie. not dummies, rare BFP vehicles...)

Rich

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Additional BFP 3 Q&A

Q: In the Mission for BFP 67, the Australians win at game end by accumulating >= 24 Exit VP of Good Order units on/north of hexrow U provided that they Controlled the level 2 hill hexes south of the stream at some point during the scenario. Does this mean that they must control all 8 level two hill hexes at the same time or that must control every one of the 8 level two hill hexes at sometime during the seven game turns?

A: They must control every one of the 8 level two hill hexes at sometime during the scenario. There is no requirement to control all of them at the same time.

View attachment 37602
View attachment 37601

Last edited:

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Additional BFP 3 Q&A

Rick,

There appears to be a .pdf-creation error in both errata files as there is overlapping text.

Cheers,
Sean

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thanks for pointing that out, Sean. That was weird. Fixed the files, and double-checked them. They should be good to go now.

Rick

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Just getting ready to play BFP-32 and looking at the scenario card the Wagon counter on the card shows 6MF the standard wagon has 8MF is this a special wagon or is the scenario card incorrect?
Also reading the gun notes it says to move the 149/13 ART piece it must be wagon towed. The T6 value would require 2 wagons to pull the gun. As there are only 3 wagons and 2 149/13 pieces is this what was intended in the scenario design?

thanks in advance,
N

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The printed MF should be 8.

Otherwise, the allotted number of counters in the scenario is correct.

Nghtflame7

Recruit
Reaction score

Question on BFP 47, Seizing Viru Harbor.

USMC can set up anywhere on Boars 32 or 37 except the overlay on board 32. The overlay does not cover hex row A. Does this mean the USMC can set up in hex row A. That leaves the Japanese surrounded on 3 sides. I don't think it is a big issue, but will definitely affect how I set up my Japanese at start.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Question on BFP 47, Seizing Viru Harbor.

USMC can set up anywhere on Boars 32 or 37 except the overlay on board 32. The overlay does not cover hex row A. Does this mean the USMC can set up in hex row A. That leaves the Japanese surrounded on 3 sides. I don't think it is a big issue, but will definitely affect how I set up my Japanese at start.
Been digging thru all of the playtest notes on this one to make sure, and we've come to the conclusion that setting up on Row A of board 32 for the Americans should not be allowed. So with that, the following clarification has been added to the B&J errata.

BFP 47: CLARIFICATION. Set up on row A of board 32 for the Americans is N/A.

PDF files of the errata have been updated. Sticky notes are not effected.

View attachment 45407
View attachment 45409

Rick

Nghtflame7

Recruit
Reaction score

Been digging thru all of the playtest notes on this one to make sure, and we've come to the conclusion that setting up on Row A of board 32 for the Americans should not be allowed. So with that, the following clarification has been added to the B&J errata.

BFP 47: CLARIFICATION. Set up on row A of board 32 for the Americans is N/A.

PDF files of the errata have been updated. Sticky notes are not effected.

View attachment 45407
View attachment 45409

Rick
Oh well. Got my butt handed to me. Surrounded and destroyed in detail. No way to flee the board; my forces were leaderless by turn 4 and by turn 5 every single Japanese unit had been eliminated.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia

Hi, there appears to be a minor error on the scenario card for BFP43 "Aerodrome P1". The Braat APC illustration in the Japanese OB should have 20MP, not 19, per the actual counter and Chapter H details.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

Hi, there appears to be a minor error on the scenario card for BFP43 "Aerodrome P1". The Braat APC illustration in the Japanese OB should have 20MP, not 19, per the actual counter and Chapter H details.
The Allied Minor (Dutch) version has 20 MP, however the Axis Minor (Indonesian) version has 19, presumably on the basis that the drivers of the captured vehicles would not be as skilled. Check your Indonesian counters and Chapter H.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia

The Allied Minor (Dutch) version has 20 MP, however the Axis Minor (Indonesian) version has 19, presumably on the basis that the drivers of the captured vehicles would not be as skilled. Check your Indonesian counters and Chapter H.
... what?

The Japanese have just invaded and have just captured this AC. Are you saying that the AC that they just captured, was already captured? By who? These are literally the first Japanese units in the area. Who are "Axis Minor Indonesians" any way?

It's not an idle question. In the scenario, the AC has a temp crew, so the available MP is one-half the printed value. That 0.5 MP is pretty precious to the Japanese.

It makes no sense for the Japanese to be using an already-captured vehicle that isn't identical to the non-captured version. "Axis Minor Indonesian" sounds like something that would be more appropriate for a late-war scenario, when "rebel" troops were resisting "liberation".

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

... what?

The Japanese have just invaded and have just captured this AC. Are you saying that the AC that they just captured, was already captured? By who? These are literally the first Japanese units in the area. Who are "Axis Minor Indonesians" any way?

It's not an idle question. In the scenario, the AC has a temp crew, so the available MP is one-half the printed value. That 0.5 MP is pretty precious to the Japanese.

It makes no sense for the Japanese to be using an already-captured vehicle that isn't identical to the non-captured version. "Axis Minor Indonesian" sounds like something that would be more appropriate for a late-war scenario, when "rebel" troops were resisting "liberation".
The Indonesian forces that fought against the returning Dutch, see BFP 71 "Surabaya Slugfest" and 72 "Police Action", which use Axis Minor coloured counters. The Indonesian forces have their own BFP chapter H section.

As for the choice of counter, well that was BFP's choice (I am not a part of BFP), I did not say it did or did not make for sense or wisdom.