Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Re: BFP 3 Errata

Thanks for continuing to keep things up to date. It shows you are in it for the long haul. :clap:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Latest BFP 3 Errata and Q&A as of Sept. 30, 2011

BFP3 Errata
The listing below is known errata for BFP3 Blood and Jungle as of 2010/10/31.

BFP 32: Japanese Option should be > = 72

BFP 34: Chinese 50mm MTR(r ) should have 5PP

BFP 40: 37LAT should be PaK 35/36 (Note 25)

BFP 42: SBR 2. Add “allotment” after MP.

BFP 46: Options should be reversed

BFP 47: SBR 3 line 4. Replace “selection” with ‘direction’.

BFP 52: MISSION: change last sentence to Hill 801

BFP 53: MISSION: change last sentence to 37A5-T5 road.

BFP 55: Options should be reversed

BFP62: The direction arrow should be pointing to the left instead of at the top of the page. It should have 8 turns instead of 7.

BFP63: SBR7. Replace “ ‘45B FB” with “ ‘45A FB”. Air counter in US OB should be a ‘45A FB.

BFP63 and BFP65: The Japanese 2+3+5 pillbox should have a brown background.

BFP66: SBR3. Delete the last sentence.

BFP3 Aircraft Notes Errata
Page BFP 10 (example of play 3): The second line should refer to the ‘16 FP IFT column’ instead of the ‘100+mm IFT column’.

Page BFP 10 (example of play 4): Third line from the bottom of this example should refer to the ‘16 FP column’ instead of the ‘20 FP column’.

BFP aircraft notes, page BFP 10 (example of play 4): The sentence, "The second way a hit could be achieved is with an Original DR of 4 by disregarding the Light Jungle TEM" is incorrect. The sentence should state, "The second way a hit could be achieved is with an Original DR of 6 by disregarding the Light Jungle TEM"

For clarification, the second way to acheive an effect is if in ignoring the Light Jungle TEM (+1 NA), a hit is achieved, then the attack is still a Vehicle Target Type attack (the ATT reference only impacting the base FP or TK value) with a base TH # at 7-12 hex range of "9". Since it is still a VTT you must apply the VTT modifier (+3) for this "Tiny Tim" attack = net +3, so a "6" on the original DR will acheive a Hit. On the TK modifier you would have a base TK of 8 (1/2 value for now being an "ATT-like" attack) with +1 for Aerial, -0 Aerial AF, and -1 for TEM for a Final TK of 8.

Page BFP 10 (example of play 5): The second to last sentence, "The DRM are as follows: +1 Firer has bombs" should also include an additional DRM of +1 for GA(ref. BFP Aircraft 2.3). The sentence should state, “The DRM are as follows: +1 Firer has bombs, +1 Firer is GA".

BFP3 Magazine Errata
In the article on Tank Hunter Heros, page 44 1st paragraph, it notes that, “The T-H Hero enters T4 where it wounds and so no longer has enough MF to get to the target in S4.” The article goes on to say that the T-H hero "will still be able to Advance into S4 in the Advance Phase". This is not correct. The T-H Hero, having spent 7MF when it became wounded, would be Pinned instead (Ref. A17.2, A25.23, G1.5 and G1.4 (with the journal #5 errata)), and hence it could not Advance.

BFP3 Counter Errata
Japanese FT-17M Ko(f): Ignore the “*” after the CMG MA designation

BFP3 Map Errata
Hex DW1 Z11 does not have a center dot.

BFP3 Q&A
Q. Are the gray circular structures on board BFP G Storage Tanks?
A. Yes.

Q. Are Thai, INA, IRA, BIA considered Axis Minor for Leader Creation?
A. Yes.

Q. What are the "RKT, First Shot"/'"RKT, Expended" counters for?
A. Those are referenced in BFP US Vehicle Note 4 for the LVT(A)2FS in the section that talks about the 150mm RKT SA. It is a two shot weapon - after the first shot the vehicle is marked “SA RKTs: 1st Fired”, and after the second shot is marked “SA RKTs: Expended”.

Q. There aren’t enough Japanese 89A Chi-Ho counters available for BFP-29. How does one handle that?
A. Use a 89B Chi-Ho as a surrogate 89A.

Q: In BFP 26, SBR1 dissallows Banzai. Are IJA TH Heros allowed?
A: No. G1.421 specifies that in order to create or use a TH Hero, the Good Order Japanese squad/hs must be within eight hexes during their MPh, or Adjacent during the enemy MPh, of an enemy AFV. Since the Chinese have no AFV's in this scenario, no THH's. And since the Japanese have no DC's in their OB, they cannot create a DC Hero either.

Q: In BFP 27, the same SBR banning Japanese Banzai is in effect. However, this time the Chinese OB has reinforcement AFVs. Are TH Heroes allowed?
A: Banzai is NA, so a TH-H could not execute that type of maneuver. However, there is the possibility of doing so in Advance/CC Phase if the situation arises.

Q. Do the Japanese pay Captured Use penalties for Axis Minor/Chinese (j) weapons?
A. No.

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Added the following errata to the overall listing immediately preceeding:

Under BFP Aircraft Notes Errata I added the following:
"Page BFP 10 (example of play 5): The second to last sentence, "The DRM are as follows: +1 Firer has bombs" should also include an additional DRM of +1 for GA(ref. BFP Aircraft 2.3). The sentence should state, “The DRM are as follows: +1 Firer has bombs, +1 Firer is GA"."

Rick

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Added the following Q&A to the overall listing immediately above.

Q. Do the Japanese pay Captured Use penalties for Axis Minor/Chinese (j) weapons?
A. No.

Rick

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I finally got a chance to coat and clip the counters from this pack. I have a question, why do some of the Chinese vehicle counters not have an ID letter? The counters in question have cmg and bmg MA's which can't gain acquisition but ID's would still be nice.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I finally got a chance to coat and clip the counters from this pack. I have a question, why do some of the Chinese vehicle counters not have an ID letter? The counters in question have cmg and bmg MA's which can't gain acquisition but ID's would still be nice.
The four Chinese vehicles you are referring to are additional Chineses vehicle counters that were needed for Hueishan Docks (BFP29) since the core countermix did not contain enough vehicles for that scenario. Their missing ID letters is my fault. We decided to put those counters on at the last minute since in doing the layout we found we had a little space left to include them and they just didn't get reviewed like they should have.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Got some new errata to report:

Page BFP 10 (example of play 3): The second line should refer to the ‘16 FP IFT column’ instead of the ‘100+mm IFT column’.

Page BFP 10 (example of play 4): Third line from the bottom of this example should refer to the ‘16 FP column’ instead of the ‘20 FP column’.

This doesn't impact the sticky errata at all. I've included pdfs of the compiled errata here.

View attachment 34395
View attachment 34396

I've also inserted the text into the main compiled errata listing a few posts back.

Rick

Last edited:

cyril

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
As I read the TH hero part, one thing I don't agree with : Page 46, the writer mentions the 1st line HS having to pass a PTC in order to CC reaction fire (figure 3). It seems to me that the PTC is actually a PAATC and that the japenese is immune to PAATC (G1.62).

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I read the TH hero part, one thing I don't agree with : Page 46, the writer mentions the 1st line HS having to pass a PTC in order to CC reaction fire (figure 3). It seems to me that the PTC is actually a PAATC and that the japenese is immune to PAATC (G1.62).
Yep, good catch. Japanese are exempt from PAATC from G1.62. I'll update the errata above to state that on Page 46, first column, second sentence, delete the phrase ", provided it passes a PTC".

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP 3 Errata

BFP 3 Errata
Latest BFP 3 Errata and Q&A as of Nov 7, 2011

BFP3 Errata
The listing below is known errata for BFP3 Blood and Jungle as of 2010/10/31.

BFP 32: Japanese Option should be > = 72

BFP 34: Chinese 50mm MTR(r ) should have 5PP

BFP 35: AMD 20 cv TOE should have a 4FP CMG.

BFP 37: 37L AT should be PUV vz. 37(t) (Note 51)

BFP 40: 37LAT should be PaK 35/36 (Note 25)

BFP 42: SBR 2. Add “allotment” after MP.

BFP 46: Options should be reversed

BFP 47: SBR 3 line 4. Replace “selection” with ‘direction’.

BFP 48: SBR 1 line 2. Replace “Huts are wooden
buildings” with “Buildings are huts”.

BFP 52: MISSION: change last sentence to Hill 801

BFP 53: MISSION: change last sentence to 37A5-T5 road.

BFP 55: Options should be reversed

BFP 58: Options should be reversed

BFP59: SBR2. Change overlay hexes to K2-K1.

BFP62: The direction arrow should be pointing to the left instead of at the top of the page. It should have 8 turns instead of 7.

BFP63: SBR7. Replace “ ‘45B FB” with “ ‘45A FB”. Air counter in US OB should be a ‘45A FB.

BFP63 and BFP65: The Japanese 2+3+5 pillbox should have a brown background.

BFP66: SBR3. Delete the last sentence.

BFP3 Aircraft Notes Errata

BFP aircraft notes, page BFP 10 (example of play 4): The sentence, "The second way a hit could be achieved is with an Original DR of 4 by disregarding the Light Jungle TEM" is incorrect. The sentence should state, "The second way a hit could be achieved is with an Original DR of 6 by disregarding the Light Jungle TEM"

For clarification, the second way to acheive an effect is if in ignoring the Light Jungle TEM (+1 NA), a hit is achieved, then the attack is still a Vehicle Target Type attack (the ATT reference only impacting the base FP or TK value) with a base TH # at 7-12 hex range of "9". Since it is still a VTT you must apply the VTT modifier (+3) for this "Tiny Tim" attack = net +3, so a "6" on the original DR will acheive a Hit. On the TK modifier you would have a base TK of 8 (1/2 value for now being an "ATT-like" attack) with +1 for Aerial, -0 Aerial AF, and -1 for TEM for a Final TK of 8.

Page BFP 10 (example of play 5): The second to last sentence, "The DRM are as follows: +1 Firer has bombs" should also include an additional DRM of +1 for GA(ref. BFP Aircraft 2.3). The sentence should state, “The DRM are as follows: +1 Firer has bombs, +1 Firer is GA".

BFP3 Magazine Errata
In the article on Tank Hunter Heros, page 44 1st paragraph, it notes that, “The T-H Hero enters T4 where it wounds and so no longer has enough MF to get to the target in S4.” The article goes on to say that the T-H hero "will still be able to Advance into S4 in the Advance Phase". This is not correct. The T-H Hero, having spent 7MF when it became wounded, would be Pinned instead (Ref. A17.2, A25.23, G1.5 and G1.4 (with the journal #5 errata)), and hence it could not Advance.

Japanese are exempt from PAATC from G1.62, so in the article on Tank Hunter Heros, page 46, first column, second sentence, delete the phrase ", provided it passes a PTC".

BFP3 Counter Errata
Japanese FT-17M Ko(f): Ignore the “*” after the CMG MA designation

BFP3 Map Errata
Hex DW1 Z11 does not have a center dot.

BFP3 Q&A
Q. Are the gray circular structures on board BFP G Storage Tanks?
A. Yes.

Q. Are Thai, INA, IRA, BIA considered Axis Minor for Leader Creation?
A. Yes.

Q. What are the "RKT, First Shot"/'"RKT, Expended" counters for?
A. Those are referenced in BFP US Vehicle Note 4 for the LVT(A)2FS in the section that talks about the 150mm RKT SA. It is a two shot weapon - after the first shot the vehicle is marked “SA RKTs: 1st Fired”, and after the second shot is marked “SA RKTs: Expended”.

Q. There aren’t enough Japanese 89A Chi-Ho counters available for BFP-29. How does one handle that?
A. Use a 89B Chi-Ho as a surrogate 89A.

Q: In BFP 26, SBR1 dissallows Banzai. Are IJA TH Heros allowed?
A: No. G1.421 specifies that in order to create or use a TH Hero, the Good Order Japanese squad/hs must be within eight hexes during their MPh, or Adjacent during the enemy MPh, of an enemy AFV. Since the Chinese have no AFV's in this scenario, no THH's. And since the Japanese have no DC's in their OB, they cannot create a DC Hero either.

Q: In BFP 27, the same SBR banning Japanese Banzai is in effect. However, this time the Chinese OB has reinforcement AFVs. Are TH Heroes allowed?
A: Banzai is NA, so a TH-H could not execute that type of maneuver. However, there is the possibility of doing so in Advance/CC Phase if the situation arises.

A. No.

Q. With the Japanese Type 1 Ho-Ha can a passenger remove the MG's as part of the normal unloading process or can only the crew remove them?
A. The MGs are removable by the Passengers just like the US vehicle (US Vehicle Note 30).

View attachment 35863
View attachment 35862

View attachment 34860
View attachment 34859

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In BFP35 Mai Phu, the French AC do not have any CMG. Is this correct. Chap H and the only counters I could find had a 4 CMG.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I only see the AMD 20 cv TOE with 4 cmg as well. I'll leave it to Rick to make official, but I would go with the 4 cmg for now.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I only see the AMD 20 cv TOE with 4 cmg as well. I'll leave it to Rick to make official, but I would go with the 4 cmg for now.
That is already in the errata for Blood and Jungle. If you want to update your scenario sheet, the updated counter is provided in the sticky notes.

Rick

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks I'd not gone through the sticky notes just looked on the thread.
Good scenario though. Was getting my arse kicked until a timely banzai and snakes on a CC broke Steve's spirit.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Japanese Vehicle Note 16 ype 1 Ho-Ha

This Japanese HT denotes that is comes with an inherent 4-4-7 Passenger. Are the secondary Port MG's on this HT fired soley by a passenger or can the inherent crew fire all MG's on this HT? Also, can a passenger remove the port MG's as part of the normal unloading process or can only the crew remove them?

Thanks

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt,

For part one do you have the Ch H? This is clearly described under the Type 1 Ho-Ha in B&J Chapter H.

I am smoked right now but will research the second part of the question.

Chas

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt,

For part one do you have the Ch H? This is clearly described under the Type 1 Ho-Ha in B&J Chapter H.

I am smoked right now but will research the second part of the question.

Chas
Chas,

Sorry, didn't have the Chapter H in front of me, yes the crew can only fire one weapon (MA or Port MG) if one isn't working...

The second part isn't in there, get to it when you can......

Matt

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt,

answered in Errata folder, and we will update our errata accordingly.

Chas

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt,

answered in Errata folder, and we will update our errata accordingly.

Chas
Yeah I saw, I figured the the passenger could take them since the MG layout seemed the same as the US Halftracks, thanks for the info...

Matt