BFP 3 (Blood & Jungle) Errata

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

Below is a draft of initial errata for BFP 3 in case someone was going to play something that could be impacted. We definitely apologize for any errata, and will always strive to be error free.

Chas

BFP 32
Japanese Option should be > = 72

BFP 34
Chinese 50mm MTR(r ) should have 5PP

BFP 40
37LAT should be PaK 35/36 (Note 25)

BFP 42
SBR 2. Add “allotment” after MP.

BFP 46
Options should be reversed

BFP 47
SBR 3 line 4. Replace “selection” with ‘direction’.

BFP 53
MISSION: change last sentence to 37A5-T5 road.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hi Guys, I'm missing BFP pages 3-5. What was on them? I've got the Japanese Paratrooper rules (pages 1&2) and then the B&J Aircraft rules (pages 6+). What comes between them? Thanks.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Hi Guys, I'm missing BFP pages 3-5. What was on them? I've got the Japanese Paratrooper rules (pages 1&2) and then the B&J Aircraft rules (pages 6+). What comes between them? Thanks.
They were in BtB2 & Operation Cobra, specific rules to those sets (terrain, aircraft, etc.)

S

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Product - BFP Pages ---------- BFP pages
Green Topped ----- Gold Topped
ITR ------ 1 & 2
BTB2 ---- 3
Cobra -- 4 & 5
B & J ---- 6-10 ---------------- 1 & 2

Yellow topped pages are not numbered.

Last edited:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Recommend a Sticky to this for at least 90 days.
Given it's in a low traffic forum (there's a thread on page 1 with a last post in August), I'm guessing a Sticky isn't really mandatory, is it?

Kudos on the quick recognition & dispersal of errata BTW...

marvinrb

Reaction score
Was looking at the 1/2" sheet and saw two dm'd AT counters, German grey on the front and SS black on the back. Are those replacements from something previous?

Jerry Simmons

ntasl.com
Reaction score
Was looking at the 1/2" sheet and saw two dm'd AT counters, German grey on the front and SS black on the back. Are those replacements from something previous?
Replacements for the dm Raketenwerfer 43 counters provided in Operation Cobra (BFP2). The original ones are 5/8".

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
They are replacements for the 5/8" dm Püppchen counters in BFP2 "Operation Cobra". The 8.8 cm Püppchen was included as both blue and black 5/8" ordinance versions. As ordinance the non-dm versions were correctly done in 5/8", but the dm version should have been 1/2". As everything else on the single counter sheet was 5/8", it would have been difficult/almost-impossible to just have 2 1/2" counters so the 5/8" were done to get players by until a product with 1/2" counters came out.

Johnny 5

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I found one more small errata.

In BFP55 the Japanese balance has the US replacing 4 666 squads with 4 667's and the US balance has 4 666 squads replaced by 4 546's - I'm guessing this should be the opposite.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very good, thanks. I shall presently add the 5/8" versions to my jar of purple Germans.
LOL. I have one of those! The only thing that sucks about it is that there's a unique AFV not found anywhere else.

marvinrb

Reaction score
Ohh, this sounds like I'm approaching mortal sin territory. I relegated all the purple people to the jar. That's bad? But, I left the lid off so they can breathe.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
LOL. I have one of those! The only thing that sucks about it is that there's a unique AFV not found anywhere else.
Do what I did: keep the vehicles in, put the infantry in the "retired" jar (box in my case) with the blue Finns and errataed counters. You really don't need any more 467s, I'm sure.

S

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I have found some more errata! In "Curly & The Brigadier" BFP-62 the Brit reinforcements of T4 are supposed to enter on the east edge of board 32. This cannot be as it is in the middle of the playing area.

I also do not understand why one turn was removed from the playing time of this scenario! I've played this one from TT and the Brit player ran out of time even when it was 8 turns long. The Brit has got a lot of searching to do to find the pillboxes; this all takes time.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The direction arrow on BFP 62 should be pointing to the left instead at the top of the page. It should also have 8 turns instead of 7. If you download this sticky errata dated 20100128, there is an update for the arrow that you can put onto that scenario card and an updated turn record.

Remember for the US Letter-sized pdf, print on Avery 5265 with scaling and resizing turned off.

Rick

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

Below is a complete listing of the current errata for BFP 3. We definitely apologize for any errata, and will always strive to be error free. The delta over previous postings is the addition of errata for BFP52.

Rick

BFP 32
Japanese Option should be > = 72

BFP 34
Chinese 50mm MTR(r ) should have 5PP

BFP 40
37LAT should be PaK 35/36 (Note 25)

BFP 42
SBR 2. Add “allotment” after MP.

BFP 46

BFP 47
SBR 3 line 4. Replace “selection” with ‘direction’.

BFP 52
MISSION: change last sentence to Hill 801.

BFP 53
MISSION: change last sentence to 37A5-T5 road.

BFP 55

BFP62
The direction arrow should be pointing to the left instead of at the top of the page. The scenario should be 8 turns in length.

Download the latest sticky errata dated 20100201. This contains updates for the above listed errata.

Remember for the US Letter-sized pdf, print on Avery 5265 with scaling and resizing turned off.

Last edited:

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even though this isn't listed on the terrain charts, I am assuming that hexes for example like BFP G D9, BFP DW-1b R14, and BFP DW-1a L4 are lumberyard hexes, yes?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even though this isn't listed on the terrain charts, I am assuming that hexes for example like BFP G D9, BFP DW-1b R14, and BFP DW-1a L4 are lumberyard hexes, yes?
Yes. You are correct. They are lumberyards.

Rick