BFP 3 (Blood & Jungle) Errata

DarkStranger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, so on the card, that pillbox counter should have a brown background, correct? It would have made a bit of a difference in our scenario, but not a huge one. Using the +7 TEM was nice for my 10-1/HMG/2-2-8 when they were in the pillbox getting rattled around like a pea in a pod by that 200mm+ NOBA. Using the +5 TEM would have made their morale checks a bit tougher, but that certainly wasn't material to the outcome. Again, a very fun scenario, and there will be an AAR at some point...it's just a question of getting the time to write it up.

Thanks for the speedy response!

Zeb

Zeb,

2+3+5 data is correct. The world waits for your AAR on this:)

Chas

Nick Drinkwater

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
2+3+5 hey? Zeb! I was robbed!!

Just joking...fun scenario...just couldn't get past a turn or two of stalled armour mishandled attacks, which meant I just came up short. looking forward to the AAR too.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The Japanese FT-17M Ko(f) counters have a asterisk (*) after the CMG. As I can see no reference in the notes of Japanese Vehicle Listing, can I assume this is in error and can be ignored?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Japanese FT-17M Ko(f) counters have a asterisk (*) after the CMG. As I can see no reference in the notes of Japanese Vehicle Listing, can I assume this is in error and can be ignored?
Paul,
Yes, you are correct. Ignore the * after the CMG MA designation.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lastest BFP 3 Errata and Q&A

Latest listing of all known errata for Blood and Jungle.

BFP3 Errata
The listing below is known errata for BFP3 Blood and Jungle.

BFP 32: Japanese Option should be > = 72

BFP 34: Chinese 50mm MTR(r ) should have 5PP

BFP 40: 37LAT should be PaK 35/36 (Note 25)

BFP 42: SBR 2. Add “allotment” after MP.

BFP 46: Options should be reversed

BFP 47: SBR 3 line 4. Replace “selection” with ‘direction’.

BFP 52: MISSION: change last sentence to Hill 801

BFP 53: MISSION: change last sentence to 37A5-T5 road.

BFP 55: Options should be reversed

BFP62: The direction arrow should be pointing to the left instead of at the top of the page. It should have 8 turns instead of 7.

BFP63 and BFP65: The Japanese 2+3+5 pillbox should have a brown background.

BFP66: SBR3. Delete the last sentence.

BFP3 Magazine Errata
In the article on Tank Hunter Heros, page 44 1st paragraph, it notes that, “The T-H Hero enters T4 where it wounds and so no longer has enough MF to get to the target in S4.” The article goes on to say that the T-H hero "will still be able to Advance into S4 in the Advance Phase". This is not correct. The T-H Hero, having spent 7MF when it became wounded, would be Pinned instead (Ref. A17.2, A25.23, G1.5 and G1.4 (with the journal #5 errata)), and hence it could not Advance.

BFP3 Counter Errata
Japanese FT-17M Ko(f): Ignore the “*” after the CMG MA designation

BFP3 Q&A
Q. Are the gray circular structures on board BFP G Storage Tanks?
A. Yes.

Q. Are Thai, INA, IRA, BIA considered Axis Minor for Leader Creation?
A. Yes.

Q. What are the "RKT, First Shot"/'"RKT, Expended" counters for?
A. Those are referenced in BFP US Vehicle Note 4 for the LVT(A)2FS in the section that talks about the 150mm RKT SA. It is a two shot weapon - after the first shot the vehicle is marked “SA RKTs: 1st Fired”, and after the second shot is marked “SA RKTs: Expended”.

Latest version of sticky notes below.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Thanks for clearing up that and posting updated Sticky Errata. The gods won't let me rep you (bloody pain:mad:)!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a Note & quick KUDO for "This Page Intentionally Left Blank" notation on "NOTES". I always wanted to put this in some publication and just laughed for about 5 min. when I saw it (You're definately a sick guy-my kind of people), My good buddy Curtis Brooks just looked at me in wonder. I always used to find a way to insert this in training packets I would work up just to see how many peoiple got the irony of the statement.

By the way, just Belatedly was able to play a BtB scenario and read the BFP 2 "Operation Cobra" as well as the new BJ (Oops B&J) products. Both are excellent. I definately wish you the best of fortune in the future, and if you're ever in need of assistance with play test, research, etc. drop me a line (I'm the Regt'l Historian for the 128th Inf Regt, 32nd "Red Arrow" if you would ever consider dooing another Japanese batch about the New Guinea or Philippine campaigns)

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick

For this change (BFP63 and BFP65: The Japanese 2+3+5 pillbox should have a brown background) you might want to incude two copies of the counter on the sticky errata page if you do another update. That way you can cut out one copy for each scenario card.

Thanks for keeping all of this updated. I hope to finally play one of these at next month's Bitter Ender here in NC.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like you did that for the Normandy sheet, so I'd guess you planned to do it for this one. Sorry if you already had that on your list.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like you did that for the Normandy sheet, so I'd guess you planned to do it for this one. Sorry if you already had that on your list.
Not yet, but thanks for the prod, Scott.

Rick

Here they are with the additional pillbox sticky.

Last edited:

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick:

Great work in the errata. Thanks!

To be picky (and that is what this is all about, right?), the version number should be incremented when you update the sheet. So today's version would be "Blood and Jungle Sticky Errata 20100218.pdf".

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick:

To be picky (and that is what this is all about, right?), the version number should be incremented when you update the sheet. So today's version would be "Blood and Jungle Sticky Errata 20100218.pdf".
Man, can't get by with anything... :D

Rick

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In the Sticky Errata (bottom of page) :

"BFP62: SBR3. Delete the last sentence."

This should be for BFP66, not BFP62

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a Note & quick KUDO for "This Page Intentionally Left Blank" notation on "NOTES". I always wanted to put this in some publication and just laughed for about 5 min. when I saw it (You're definately a sick guy-my kind of people), My good buddy Curtis Brooks just looked at me in wonder. I always used to find a way to insert this in training packets I would work up just to see how many peoiple got the irony of the statement.
I'm glad somebody got a chuckle out of it. I'd like to know how many other people got it as well. When I was putting it all together, there was that last page that was just BEGGING for something :p

Rick

rglesINDY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but
The 51mm MTR's in Thai/Indonesian colors do not include the asterisk which ALL mortars do. (These have identical stats to the British light mortars, but are not marked with a (b).) I did not find any scenarios where these are used.