BFP 3 (Blood & Jungle) Errata

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would appreciate if you could squeeze all the errata onto one page. That saves a sheet of the label material, which is reasonably expensive.

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found a trivial error. In Aircraft of Blood and Jungle, section 1.1, the aircraft types should be the F4U Corsair and the F6F Hellcat. This is what happens when you let an Army type mess with airplanes. :)

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found a trivial error. In Aircraft of Blood and Jungle, section 1.1, the aircraft types should be the F4U Corsair and the F6F Hellcat. This is what happens when you let an Army type mess with airplanes. :)
Ken,

Thanks for the "razz"... But what was the "first designation" before the 1948 birth of the US AIR Force"?

Here's a 'hint', insert "Army" between "US and Air" like this "US Army Air".

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Navy designations were "Type", (optional) "sequence number of type design by company when greater than 1", "Company Code"

Thus F4F (Wildcat) was "Fighter", "Grumman 4th fighter design", "Grumman"
and F6F (Hellcat) was "Fighter", "Grumman 6th fighter design", "Grumman"

For any company with a company code of "*" their fighter designs would have been coded F*, F2*, F3*, ...

F = Grumman, U = Vought , A = Brewster, B = Boeing, ...

Thus there were 2 F4 designs, the F4F Wildcat and F4U Corsair, both different designs from different companies.

The USAAF designations were simpler with each fighter design getting a different P-? sequence number (P = Pursuit) which became F-? in 1947 (F = Fighter). Thus P-51 Mustang became F-51.

In 1962 the 2 services designation systems were combined (and sequences reset). The Navy F4H (Phantom II) and USAF F-110 (Phantom II) became simply the F-4 (Phantom II).

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lastest BFP 3 Errata

Gents,

Enclosed is a complete listing of the current errata for BFP 3. We definitely apologize for any errata, and will always strive to be error free. The delta over previous postings is the addition of errata for BFP66.

BFP66: SBR3. Delete the last sentence.

Sticky notes include this and all previous errata and are included below dated 20100207 in both Letter and A4 format.

Rick

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Just out of curiosity, what are the "RKT, !st shot"/'"RKT, Expended" counters for?

I skimmed the magazine and various rules pages and it didn't jump out at me.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just out of curiosity, what are the "RKT, !st shot"/'"RKT, Expended" counters for?

I skimmed the magazine and various rules pages and it didn't jump out at me.
Look in the BFP US Vehicle Notes under the LVT(A)2FS in the section that talks about the 150mm RKT SA. It is a two shot weapon - after the first shot the vehicle is marked with a RKT First Shot and then after the second is marked RKT Expended.

Rick

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Look in the BFP US Vehicle Notes under the LVT(A)2FS in the section that talks about the 150mm SA. It is a two shot weapon - after the first shot the vehicle is marked with a RKT First Shot and then after the second is marked RKT Expended.

Rick
Thanks man.

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully I'm safe in assuming that various elves are working on the maps and counters for this baby.
BTW The magazine was awesome, probably the best ASL publication I've seen.

"It's too big to be a space station!"

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully I'm safe in assuming that various elves are working on the maps and counters for this baby.
BTW The magazine was awesome, probably the best ASL publication I've seen.

"It's too big to be a space station!"
I'm assuming that you are referring to VASL counters and maps. You would be safe in assuming that, BTW. We are hard at work on both those fronts. This will take a little time to do since there are a lot of counters and basically three mapboards. Hopefully folks will be happy with the results.

Rick

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
One very, very small nitpick.

From looking at photographs, the 37mm hull gun on the Type 97B Shi-Ki seems long enough to be at least equivalent to the 37mm on the Type 95 Ha-Go and thus should be a 37 rather than a 37*.
For example http://www.sonicmodel.com/photo.htm?url=http://images.sonicalbum.com/bbs_album_29/photos/3_554836.jpg, though this has no turret gun.

One photograph in "Tanks of the World" by Chamberlain & Ellis shows a photograph of a Shi-Ki with a stubby hull gun, but this looks more like a Shi-Ki with a 57 in the hull and a (oversize) dummy gun on the turret.

Open to disagreement!

Last edited:

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi

Got my BFP 3 today. Looks great

Another small piece of errat, not for the scenarios but for one of the magazine articles, if you are interested.

In the article on Tank huntert heroes, page 43 1st paragraph:

The T-H Hero enters T4 where it wounds and so no longer has enough MF to get to the target in S4.

The article goes on to say that the T-H hero "will still be able to Advance into S4 in the Advance Phase"

This is not correct as the T-H Hero, having spent 7MF when it wounded, would be pinned. Rules References A17.2, A25.23, G1.5 and G1.4 (with the journal #5 errata)

Hence it could not advance.

Cheers
Jon

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

Got my BFP 3 today. Looks great

Another small piece of errat, not for the scenarios but for one of the magazine articles, if you are interested.

In the article on Tank huntert heroes, page 43 1st paragraph:

The T-H Hero enters T4 where it wounds and so no longer has enough MF to get to the target in S4.

The article goes on to say that the T-H hero "will still be able to Advance into S4 in the Advance Phase"

This is not correct as the T-H Hero, having spent 7MF when it wounded, would be pinned. Rules References A17.2, A25.23, G1.5 and G1.4 (with the journal #5 errata)

Hence it could not advance.

Cheers
Jon
Jon thanks for pointing this out. Am sorry I missed this bit...My apologies to everyone.

DarkStranger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's a question regarding BFP-63 Typhoon of Steel. The Japanese get four pillboxes, three of which are the X+5+7 variety. The odd one out is a 2+3+5. However, this one is printed on a gray background, which is normally reserved for the +5+7 type, instead of the normal brown background for +3+5 pillboxes. Is it the background or the printed values on the pillbox that are incorrect?

FWIW, we played it as a 2+5+7 pillbox and had a great time with the scenario.

Thanks!

Zeb

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul,

This is one that bounced back and forth between 37 and 37* during the design. Muzzle velocity has a lot more to do with it than just the length, and IIRC the gun was on the borderline in my opinion. Based on this the 37* felt right.

Chas

One very, very small nitpick.

From looking at photographs, the 37mm hull gun on the Type 97B Shi-Ki seems long enough to be at least equivalent to the 37mm on the Type 95 Ha-Go and thus should be a 37 rather than a 37*.
For example http://www.sonicmodel.com/photo.htm?url=http://images.sonicalbum.com/bbs_album_29/photos/3_554836.jpg, though this has no turret gun.

One photograph in "Tanks of the World" by Chamberlain & Ellis shows a photograph of a Shi-Ki with a stubby hull gun, but this looks more like a Shi-Ki with a 57 in the hull and a (oversize) dummy gun on the turret.

Open to disagreement!

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Zeb,

2+3+5 data is correct. The world waits for your AAR on this:)

Chas

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Paul,

This is one that bounced back and forth between 37 and 37* during the design. Muzzle velocity has a lot more to do with it than just the length, and IIRC the gun was on the borderline in my opinion. Based on this the 37* felt right.

Chas
Fair enough!

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did BFP ever produce errata sheets for ITR, BFP2 and ITR that could be printed on label paper? If not, it would be nice if that were available.