Infantry/vehicle smoke grenades in gusts?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, looks like this can occur as I cannot find the rule reference that says these cannot be placed in gusts. They go away in the final fire phase anyway but found this omission in the ASLRB puzzling. Am I missing something?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There is no prohibition against placing/firing SMOKE during gusts, including infantry/vehicle smoke grenades. Gusts are not an on-going condition. During the RPh & AFPh SMOKE is downgraded, but there is no effect on placement during the turn. SMOKE may also be fired by ordnance during the PFPh, enemy MPh (WP), DFPh & AFPh (WP) normally. SMOKE placed during the PFPh will be dispersed during the following AFPh, and SMOKE fired during the enemy MPh & DFPh will be removed during the AFPh because it is placed dispersed.

JR

Last edited:

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SMOKE may also be fired by ordnance during the PFPh, enemy MPh (WP), DFPh & AFPh (WP) normally. ... SMOKE fired during the enemy MPh & DFPh will be removed during the AFPh because it is placed dispersed.
I know this is possible but I've never done it because I've never had the need. Guess I could see it being useful during an AFV Dance of Death, but I'm just wondering if anyone could tell a story of doing this and how well it worked.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guys, now I no longer fear gusts. Grenades seem to be the way to go in these conditions.
Spreading fires is another matter...