infantry close assault and buildings

BlitzCanuck

Pretend Command Sgt. Maj.
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Maybe i'm missing something but i see no way to order infantry squads into a building.....i get a pink rubberband and a message about impassable terrain.
If buildings can't be entered, how do you assault enemies inside of them?

junk2drive

Reaction score
When it turns to pink that means it will auto mount the building. The impassable terrain around the building is to keep tanks from trying to enter a building.

Also it a building has a capacity of one squad, and the enemy is inside, you will not be able to enter the building. You will have to assault from outside.

BlitzCanuck

Pretend Command Sgt. Maj.
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, thanks. So it is possible.

Maybe i never got my infantry close enough to see an option to assault.
Or do you simply get them within a certain range and they assault automatically?

junk2drive

Reaction score
When they get within 25m IIRC they will automatically close assault. Best visual key is the throwing of grenades. Just the arm movement and explosion.

The best is when the troops are in a house with hold for close assault orders and a tank approaches. The tank shouldn't see them until they start assaulting and then it is often too late.

Before the automount, you had to guess how close you were moving to the building, then wait for the next phase to manually mount them. Sitting in the open for the remainder of a phase wasn't often a good thing.