Inexperienced personnel and Fire Lanes

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
A9.223 The MG malfunctions whenever its Fire Lane Residual FP attack DR is also an Original Malfunction DR.

Original DR/dr: a DR/dr prior to any applicable modification by DRM/drm of any kind

A19.32 SW: The Breakdown Number (even inherent B#/X#; 9.7) of any SW used by Inexperienced Personnel is reduced by one.

Question: would an exiting FL be cancelled if the attack DR is one lower than the MG's malf number if the FL has been initially placed by inexperienced personnel?

Thank you,

Shmitty008

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say yes based solely on what I believe, but it is kind of loosely worded based on your post.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Would the Inexperienced status be checked when the FL is placed, or when the roll is made?

Possible situation: Conscripts lay a Fire Lane; later, during the MPh, the enemy Sniper is activated and kills a Leader in the Conscripts' Location, resulting in a LLMC, Heat of Battle and Battle Hardening. Not something that happens in every game, of course - just because one doesn't normally give a MG to a Conscript unit when it's supposed to lay Fire Lanes :)

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think one checks who is actually manning the MG when making Fire Lane attack DR. I.e., any lower B# (inexp., captured) would apply to each FL Residual attack as well.