Indirect Fire vs AFV Q

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, in C1.55 it says TEM applies to an AFV but it further states 1.52 and C3.332 will apply as applicable. What do they mean by applicable? As far as I can tell, if an AFV is hit by indirect fire, the TEM would apply on the IFT. So for example a HT in a trench is hit by an 80mm Motar, it would suffer -2 to the IFT but +2 for the trench correct?

thabks

scott

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I assume you mean -2 (-1 OT and -1 All AF ≤4). If so, correct as far as I understand it. TEM applies as per C1.52 and C3.331 (not 3.332 in my book).

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, in C1.55 it says TEM applies to an AFV but it further states 1.52 and C3.332 will apply as applicable. What do they mean by applicable? As far as I can tell, if an AFV is hit by indirect fire, the TEM would apply on the IFT. So for example a HT in a trench is hit by an 80mm Motar, it would suffer -2 to the IFT but +2 for the trench correct?

thabks

scott
I think what they mean by "as applicable" is if a vehicle was behind a wall, HD would not apply but it would receive a +1 TEM for indirect fire bring used (B9.34) and not the usual +2 TEM for the wall (it would not receive a TEM DRM at all if behind a hedge).