Indie films

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe I was in the mood for it, but I enjoyed a sci-fi indie last night, The Thaw.

The Thaw is a Candian indie (but I repeat myself) with what I have to admit is a cliche story line... Scientists discover a wolly mammoth and end up being infected. It has one "star" in it, Val Kilmer.

I thought it was well done and would recommend it, if you are willing to watch a low budget sci-fi movie.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Maybe I was in the mood for it, but I enjoyed a sci-fi indie last night, The Thaw.

The Thaw is a Candian indie (but I repeat myself) with what I have to admit is a cliche story line... Scientists discover a wolly mammoth and end up being infected. It has one "star" in it, Val Kilmer.

I thought it was well done and would recommend it, if you are willing to watch a low budget sci-fi movie.
I've watched a couple of hidden gems recently....well one not so hidden.
Rise of the Footsoldier a British gangster flick about the Rettendon Essex Boys murders back in 2006
And Fifty Five Dead Men Walking which is the story of Martin McGartland, and Ulster Catholic who signed up to go undercover with the British intelligence services because he was disgusted with the IRA.
Recommend both...especially the latter....truly tense and inspiring